The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Home to citeh first game of the season.
Easy three points for the hammers then. :whistle:

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Home to citeh first game of the season.
Easy three points for the hammers then. :whistle:
Oh we had that last season, followed by Chelsea - good luck! We lost both matches and at the end of the season those six points lost proved quite damaging. If we had beaten City we would have got a top 4 place and Liverpool would be Champions now! (So much for "Its early in the season, there's a long way to go...")

MarkF

Guru
What are they meant to do though? Just tap it around? If I was in the stands I'd be pretty hacked off if I ended up watching a training match. Also, I'd be more annoyed as a player if my opponent was just going through the motions.

If my junior team had celebrated like that after 6 goals with the game totally dead and their opponents humiliated, they'd have got right bollocking. I've never ever seen anything like it in 40 years of playing and coaching. I am ok with the goals but the celebrations were just plain wrong.

AndyRM

XOXO
If my junior team had celebrated like that after 6 goals with the game totally dead and their opponents humiliated, they'd have got right bollocking. I've never ever seen anything like it in 40 years of playing and coaching. I am ok with the goals but the celebrations were just plain wrong.

Agreed, but then US sport isn't particularly known for grace in victory.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Leave off.

Scoring goals is what it's all about, it's a fantastic feeling and you have every right to celebrate. Competitive sport isn't about sparing the feelings of your opponents, you are out to crush them.

MarkF

Guru
Leave off.

Scoring goals is what it's all about, it's a fantastic feeling and you have every right to celebrate. Competitive sport isn't about sparing the feelings of your opponents, you are out to crush them.
Some goals are more important than others, the ones after 6 would have had most teams creeping sheepishly back into their own half.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Yes they do have a different attitude when it comes to sports and setting records. I can see why the woman who scored five of the goals kept going - she was probably hoping the match would never end! We sometimes forget that although its a team sport individuals also have records to break - and every one of the USA players will remember that match for the rest of their lives. I suspect the Thai players will also, but for very different reasons.

My home town club - Luton Town - had a best win of 12-0 against Bristol Rovers way back in 1936... and one player (Joe Payne) scored 10 of the goals and was called "Ten goal" Payne ever afterwards. Luton's record win was 15-0 against Great Yarmouth Town in the FA Cup in 1914.

Not too bad a start for the Gunners next season - Away to Newcastle, then home to Burnley - but we then have Liverpool away and Spurs at home.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just reading that PSG have offered NINETEEN year old De Ligt £340K per week.
Salah is on £200K a week.
I wonder where De Ligt will choose to go :rolleyes:

Top Bottom