The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I don't agree that he's an imposter, as I thought he was a very good player, but as most people do he seriously underestimated the quality of Scottish football.
Probably true enough but I'm not sure if he really had any heart left for the fight by the time he found himself up here. Much like a number of others over the years.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Sad news indeed.
I think it was big Ron (correct me if I'm wrong) who provided a good quote when asked about an inept refereeing performance. I can't remember the exact wordingbut it was long the lines of:

It's my policy not to comment on referee's performances and I'm not going to make an exception for that idiot.

Slick

Guru
Here we go, another old firm day which is even better as it's the first final of the season. Build up has started already and I hope that the famous Glasgow Rangers team are up for this as much as I am. 🇬🇧🇬🇧

Dave7

Legendary Member
A few surprises yesterday. I did not see Utd beating Citeh. A draw would have done me but if anyone had to lose then that will do.
Now, if Villa can get anything against Leicester I will start to believe Lpool can do it this season. Lets hope the spirit of good old Ron Saunders can help out.

Slick

Guru
Here we go, another old firm day which is even better as it's the first final of the season. Build up has started already and I hope that the famous Glasgow Rangers team are up for this as much as I am. 🇬🇧🇬🇧
Ah well, my team certainly were up for it but just wasn't to be. In a game that had almost everything, we had nearly all the possession and attempts on goal, but they don't give out silverware for possession and controlling large parts of the game. Celtic took their chance and we didn't, so congrats to them.

A few surprises yesterday. I did not see Utd beating Citeh. A draw would have done me but if anyone had to lose then that will do.
Now, if Villa can get anything against Leicester I will start to believe Lpool can do it this season. Lets hope the spirit of good old Ron Saunders can help out.
Sorry mate it could have been more for the foxes looking very good , think Liverpool will do it this year. Also heard anfield knocked back an England game , as they would not allow s*n journos in, very well done proud of them

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Sorry mate it could have been more for the foxes looking very good , think Liverpool will do it this year. Also heard anfield knocked back an England game , as they would not allow s*n journos in, very well done proud of them
Yes, Leicester looked to be in a different league to Villa. We play each other shortly and as there are "only" 8 points in it, it will be a big game.
They just better hope Vardy doesn't get injured as he is on fire.

AndyRM

XOXO
Ah well, my team certainly were up for it but just wasn't to be. In a game that had almost everything, we had nearly all the possession and attempts on goal, but they don't give out silverware for possession and controlling large parts of the game. Celtic took their chance and we didn't, so congrats to them.

Surprised that you lost considering how dominant you were. Morelos just cannot score against Celtic, it's weird.

Fun fact, Killie were the last side to beat Celtic in a cup final, and that was back in 2012!

Slick

Guru
Surprised that you lost considering how dominant you were. Morelos just cannot score against Celtic, it's weird.

Fun fact, Killie were the last side to beat Celtic in a cup final, and that was back in 2012!
Worst game I've seen Morelos play, without wanting to take anything away from without any doubt, the man of the match in Forster, Morelos made him look good by hitting the ball off him too often. That and 3 offside players for the goal at the other end, along with their goalie off his line for the penalty and dominating almost the entire game gives me great hope for the real target. :okay:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Big day for Liverpool.
1. Jurgen has signed a new 5 year contract.
2. Lpool have agreed a deal for that Japanese player from Salzburg (i would spell his name if I could:rolleyes:). I rated him both times we played them. A snip at £7.5M sell out clause.

Top Bottom