The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
This was the alert I got, BBC reporting maybe more nuanced
https://news.sky.com/story/project-...eague-clubs-unanimously-reject-plans-12104052

Plans from Liverpool and Manchester United to radically reform England's top flight of football have been unanimously rejected by all 20
Premier League clubs....
The Premier League had earlier said in its statement on Wednesday: "All 20 Premier League clubs today unanimously agreed that Project Big Picture will not be endorsed or pursued by the Premier League, or The FA.

Unanimous is pretty clear :okay: They agreed to ditch it clearly
All 20? So Liverpool and Man Utd voted against their own plan? Oh dear... :laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
Y
All 20? So Liverpool and Man Utd voted against their own plan? Oh dear... :laugh:
Apparently so, perhaps realising too it was a pretty shitty plan anyway

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
again bbc and sky reporting two different outcomes.......so uncertain whether they did vote against their own plans. it could have been any number from 14 to 18 votes and would still be classed as unanimous.

when you work in the data business, we have a saying " lies, damn lies and statistics" take your pick...........

jowwy

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1861703
“...20...unanimously...”
Unanimous used in line with its accepted definition :smile:

If a group of people are unanimous, they all agree about one particular matter or vote the same way, and if a decision or judgment is unanimous, it is formed or supported by everyone in a group
i am aware of what unanimous means, i am also aware that you have now used 3 different sources of information to try and save face after posting incorrect information the 1st time..........in the same way utd and liverpool are trying to save face over their plans by voting against them ( if thats what they did)

vickster

Legendary Member
i am aware of what unanimous means, i am also aware that you have now used 3 different sources of information to try and save face after posting incorrect information the 1st time..........in the same way utd and liverpool are trying to save face over their plans by voting against them ( if thats what they did)
That’s the same information quoted from the PL in the Sky report 👍 Original source stating that 20 clubs voted in the same way

Anyhow the in your words ‘shitty plan’ isn’t happening regardless of the source 👍

jowwy

That’s the same information quoted from the PL in the Sky report 👍 Original source stating that 20 clubs voted in the same way

Anyhow the in your words ‘shitty plan’ isn’t happening regardless of the source 👍
it was a shitty plan....but as with everything you have to start somewhere, now all 20 can talk and put a plan together that they are all happy with, rather than rick parry of the EFL only asking utd and liverpool to do it....therefore all clubs will have a buy in to the plan and all clubs can take full responsibility if it doesn't work.

but just to add 85% of EFL teams were happy with the proposals

Dave7

Legendary Member
LFC Vs Everton.
Pickford SHOULD have been red carded.
Lpool 3rd goal NEVER offside
Ref should be banned for life....... ok, a bit harsh......just for 50 years.
Disgusting decisions.

AndyRM

XOXO
Kilmarnock beat Livingston 3 - 1 today. And I know nobody cares, but Livingston's manager is Gary "Three Lungs" Holt, a Killie legend and boyhood fan (he has the club crest tattooed on his calf).

Ouch.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
LFC Vs Everton.
Pickford SHOULD have been red carded.
Lpool 3rd goal NEVER offside
Ref should be banned for life....... ok, a bit harsh......just for 50 years.
Disgusting decisions.

Pickford ? Yes, red card and should have been sent off, but I thought the offside was valid

jowwy

Pickford ? Yes, red card and should have been sent off, but I thought the offside was valid
If you can’t score with your elbow, then you cant be offside with your elbow either.......the line should have been taken from his armpit or foot whichever was closer, but he chose the elbow as that was the only option to ensure the Manchester supporting VAR ref could give offside....

totally robbed and he should never ref again as he’s biased........

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
If you can’t score with your elbow, then you cant be offside with your elbow either.......the line should have been taken from his armpit or foot whichever was closer, but he chose the elbow as that was the only option to ensure the Manchester supporting VAR ref could give offside....

totally robbed and he should never ref again as he’s biased........

I'm bowing out of here, yet agin - football is way too tribal for my sensibilities, and obviously balanced discussion is impossible

Top Bottom