The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wee Billy Gilmour covid + so that`s that :angry: . Oh well....... it was a good feeling whilst it lasted.

Does that mean he'll miss the final?

Yup, v pleased for them.
(they almost had a narrow escape; if they had been tied with SWI on goals etc, then that red card would have pushed SWI above them! And a very debateable red card, at that ... )

Now that I've read the rules, a quick poll:

Who else knew that a group could be decided on a penalty shoot-out??
How does that work if the two teams are playing 3rd games at different venues?

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Wee Billy Gilmour covid + so that`s that :angry: . Oh well....... it was a good feeling whilst it lasted.
The most Scottish thing ever.

Interestingly, if the team had been based in Scotland they would all have had to self-isolate due to the Scottish government rules

Stephenite

Membå
I've found a free fill-in-as-you-go Euro 2020 spreadsheet. If anyone is interested.

https://www.excel-templates.net/download/euro-2020-fixtures-template

It's working fine with Libre Office on my laptop. But as always, folks, be careful when downloading stuff.

Aww, the poor wee bairn 😢

Never mind: he inspired one of the best chants not to make prime-time TV. kalvin phillips was interviewed on the pitch, and the fans in the adjacent stand nearly drowned it out, singing:
"Crap* Billy Gilmour!
You're just a crap Billy Gilmour.
Crap Billy Giiiiilmoooour,
You're just a ...

"... etc etc ...

Apparently Phillips took it in good spirit.

*EDIT: forgot to add - "Crap" is not the actual word they were singing.

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
Mm, not great but probably should be worse as somehow there's no close contacts. :eek:

In true Scottish style, we will just need to do it the hard way and maybe Patterson will get a game now. :okay:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Mm, not great but probably should be worse as somehow there's no close contacts. :eek:

In true Scottish style, we will just need to do it the hard way and maybe Patterson will get a game now. :okay:
We never ever make it easy . I’m hoping and praying we win tomorrow night.

Top Bottom