The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Puzzles me that. When Net Phillips had a run he did really well but now JK won't give him a chance.
He can't be worse than Konate was.

Yet he keeps him for insurance and denies him playing time! I'm sure he's handsomely remunerated but he's not doing what he lives for.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
They wouldn't have been happy if a couple of Porto's simple chances had gone in 1st half.......we were very fortunate then.
2nd half Porto ran out of steam.
I am a die hard LFC fan of over 60 years but have to admit that.
all ifs, buts and maybe's im afraid....just my opinion

jowwy

You are correct with the ifs buts and maybe's......I agree.
BUT imo lfc/konate were poor in the 1st half.
i cant judge a player after only his 5th full 90 minute game for the team....and in a team that was not our full compliment. Tsimikas was poor defensively and last night so was matip. The midfield lacked legs, which put more pressure on the back line....BUT we kept a clean sheet and we broke a 80yr goal scoring record....i will take that over a full on hardcore exciting game and losing 1 nil

Dave7

Legendary Member
i cant judge a player after only his 5th full 90 minute game for the team....and in a team that was not our full compliment. Tsimikas was poor defensively and last night so was matip. The midfield lacked legs, which put more pressure on the back line....BUT we kept a clean sheet and we broke a 80yr goal scoring record....i will take that over a full on hardcore exciting game and losing 1 nil
Are you deliberately missing my point ?
I have not judged Konate.......I merely said he had a bad 1st half and nearly cost us 2 goals.

jowwy

Are you deliberately missing my point ?
I have not judged Konate.......I merely said he had a bad 1st half and nearly cost us 2 goals.
saying someone has had a poor game is judging him on his performance....or is it not?? i give up.

carpiste

Guru

AndyRM

XOXO
And in other news, fair play to Brentford for recycling their home kit next season.

A classy move:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59417811

AndyRM

XOXO
Going back to the 'why do the tiny nations bother' chat from a few pages ago, there were some absolutely ridiculous results in the Women's World Cup Qualifying:

Belgium 19 - 0 Armenia
Spain 12 - 0 Faroe Islands
North Macedonia 0 - 11 N. Ireland
Albania 0 - 7 Norway

How on earth can anyone pick themselves up after a drubbing like that?

yello

I remember in 1981 NZ (the imaginatively entitled 'All Whites') tonked Fiji 13-0. That was on the road to the World Cup in 1982, the only time they have qualified. They played 15 games in total to qualify.

AndyRM

XOXO
I remember in 1981 NZ (the imaginatively entitled 'All Whites') tonked Fiji 13-0. That was on the road to the World Cup in 1982, the only time they have qualified. They played 15 games in total to qualify.

They qualified in 2010 as well.

ETA - the ladies team is far more successful, though they've never got out of the group stages.

Last edited:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Going back to the 'why do the tiny nations bother' chat from a few pages ago, there were some absolutely ridiculous results in the Women's World Cup Qualifying:

Belgium 19 - 0 Armenia
Spain 12 - 0 Faroe Islands
North Macedonia 0 - 11 N. Ireland
Albania 0 - 7 Norway

How on earth can anyone pick themselves up after a drubbing like that?
Going to see Wales v Greece tonight - Wales are reportedly threatening to be 'ruthless'. It'll be pissing with rain so my main concern is that they don't sing the whole Greek national anthem. It's got 158 stanzas.

Top Bottom