The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Top flight Scottish football back this weekend with restrictions for tge fans being lifted on Monday. My team playing Tuesday. :okay:

AndyRM

XOXO
Top flight Scottish football back this weekend with restrictions for tge fans being lifted on Monday. My team playing Tuesday. :okay:

The restriction thing really hacked me off. Knackered the crowd for Killie at Partick last night which is usually bouncing. Having it on TV didn't help either.

Slick

Guru
The restriction thing really hacked me off. Knackered the crowd for Killie at Partick last night which is usually bouncing. Having it on TV didn't help either.
I watched that game and really enjoyed it so would probably be a but rich if I complained about it being on the box. It's pathetic we had to put up with those ridiculous restrictions, would have been great to see Firhill bouncing last night which it surely would given the circumstances. On another note, your boys got a bit fortunate with the penalty and that swapping a striker for a defender to protect a lead would do my head in.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I read a comment on here from some one, that said coutinho was washed up…..his villa debut would say otherwise, even if they dont get anything from the game, hes shown hes far from washed up.

AndyRM

XOXO
I watched that game and really enjoyed it so would probably be a but rich if I complained about it being on the box. It's pathetic we had to put up with those ridiculous restrictions, would have been great to see Firhill bouncing last night which it surely would given the circumstances. On another note, your boys got a bit fortunate with the penalty and that swapping a striker for a defender to protect a lead would do my head in.

It was never a penalty. Their goal was good so overall a fair result I think.

Similarly baffled by the attempt to protect a one goal lead, we've shown time and again that we can't do it, so why try now after only two weeks in the job? I'm not a particular fan of McInnes, but he's a bit of a coup at the level we're playing at now, and he's one of the few managers Clarke couldn't get the better of.

Slick

Guru
It was never a penalty. Their goal was good so overall a fair result I think.

Similarly baffled by the attempt to protect a one goal lead, we've shown time and again that we can't do it, so why try now after only two weeks in the job? I'm not a particular fan of McInnes, but he's a bit of a coup at the level we're playing at now, and he's one of the few managers Clarke couldn't get the better of.
He will never be a favourite of mine but time will tell. Certainly a good league this season and should be interesting if the Jags win their games in hand. :okay:

AndyRM

XOXO
He will never be a favourite of mine but time will tell. Certainly a good league this season and should be interesting if the Jags win their games in hand. :okay:

I didn't realise he'd played for Rangers, not often to be fair which is probably why I don't remember him there!

Any one of five teams is in with a chance of winning the league. If it's not us, I hope it's Arbroath, what a season they're having.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I didn't realise he'd played for Rangers, not often to be fair which is probably why I don't remember him there!

Any one of five teams is in with a chance of winning the league. If it's not us, I hope it's Arbroath, what a season they're having.
Here's a question for you. I've asked this of some of my Scottish friends and their opinions were all the same but I'm going to ask anyway.

Would your club - and all the other Scottish clubs not based in Glasgow - benefit if the bigot brothers played in a different league?

The consensus seems to be Scottish football would suffer from the reduction in crowds at your stadiums twice > per season BUT Aberdeen, the two Dundee clubs, the two Edinburgh clubs and others would have a realistic chance to be Champions of Scotland, cup winners, qualifiers for Europe etc. Wouldn't that be better for the rest of Scottish football while Celtic and Rangers are playing south of the border or in another pan-European league?

Slick

Guru
Here's a question for you. I've asked this of some of my Scottish friends and their opinions were all the same but I'm going to ask anyway.

Would your club - and all the other Scottish clubs not based in Glasgow - benefit if the bigot brothers played in a different league?

The consensus seems to be Scottish football would suffer from the reduction in crowds at your stadiums twice > per season BUT Aberdeen, the two Dundee clubs, the two Edinburgh clubs and others would have a realistic chance to be Champions of Scotland, cup winners, qualifiers for Europe etc. Wouldn't that be better for the rest of Scottish football while Celtic and Rangers are playing south of the border or in another pan-European league?
There was no great shift in fortune for the remainder when half of the bigot brothers were not in the league. The remaining bigot brother crowds went down a bit as they cantered to another league victory but teams like Aberdeen remained 5hite. :okay:

AndyRM

XOXO
There was no great shift in fortune for the remainder when half of the bigot brothers were not in the league. The remaining bigot brother crowds went down a bit as they cantered to another league victory but teams like Aberdeen remained 5hite. :okay:

Agree with this, nothing really changed, despite the predicted implosion of Scottish football.

I don't really care about the league any way, it hasn't been won by anyone out with the Old Firm since the year I was born. That won't change without a massive change in attitude towards them by the powers that be, and the media.

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
Everton could have done the decent thing and sacked Benitez after we played them next Saturday. With Ferguson in charge I fear they could be different beast altogether.

20220109_091040.png

Top Bottom