The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Three wins on the bounce. We'll be promoted with a point in Krakow, but I hope we go there to win. We should be full of confidence, from tonight in particular, though Tierney and Hickey limping off is a concern, and McTominay was a fool to get himself booked thus suspended.
Yeah, the booking was school boy stuff, but let's hope we take our current form over there.

We are generating loads of chances, and as you say, we should be brimming with confidence.

Fingers crossed.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Yeah, the booking was school boy stuff, but let's hope we take our current form over there.

We are generating loads of chances, and as you say, we should be brimming with confidence.

Fingers crossed.

Quite a turnaround from Scotland since we failed to beat a team last year that's been relegated from the Nations League.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@Smokin Joe , @PaulB
Not every fan's world revolves around the premier league.
I agree wholeheartedly. I couldn't give a fig about the Premier League while fully admitting if my boys, Rovers, get promoted I'll be interested. It's a very tricky one, I dislike everything the PL represents but yes if we go up I will go to every game. I support my club, my team in the league we're in as it's about MY club and nothing else. Not sure what that says about me.

I still don't like the international breaks but I do understand it means a lot to others. I might watch some WC if one of our home nations is doing well.

Chislenko

Veteran
For those that dislike the Nation's League it's about to get a whole lot worse for you with the South American teams joining in.

Also on October 9th is the draw for Euro 2024 qualification. This draw will example why the Nation's League is not meaningless. For the first time in many years England will not be a Top Seed so could end up with a "heavyweight" in their group. The reason they will not be a Top Seed is because of their relegation from Nation's League A to B.

The seedings for these qualification draws go on Nation's League positions not World Ranking as previously.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...in-2024-after-talks-between-uefa-and-conmebol

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
For those that dislike the Nation's League it's about to get a whole lot worse for you with the South American teams joining in.

Also on October 9th is the draw for Euro 2024 qualification. This draw will example why the Nation's League is not meaningless. For the first time in many years England will not be a Top Seed so could end up with a "heavyweight" in their group. The reason they will not be a Top Seed is because of their relegation from Nation's League A to B.

The seedings for these qualification draws go on Nation's League positions not World Ranking as previously.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...in-2024-after-talks-between-uefa-and-conmebol

I agree it might be important, but that doesn't mean it is interesting

Brandane

Legendary Member
Nice to hear this evening's tribute to the late Queen Elizabeth 2 being meticulously observed by supporters of both teams at Wembley. Unlike a section of supporters of my own national team recently :rolleyes:. England supporters, I am warming to you.

That's enough of the pleasantries now. Come on GERMANY! :wahhey:
:laugh:

Chislenko

Veteran
Nice to hear this evening's tribute to the late Queen Elizabeth 2 being meticulously observed by supporters of both teams at Wembley. Unlike a section of supporters of my own national team recently :rolleyes:. England supporters, I am warming to you.

That's enough of the pleasantries now. Come on GERMANY! :wahhey:
:laugh:

The German fans were just remembering one of their own!

AndyRM

XOXO
Quite a turnaround for England. When I turned on the radio England were 2 - 0 down, the commentators sounded close to ending it.

Then England got 3 - 2 up and they start creaming themselves.

And desolation has set back in with that equaliser.

Chislenko

Veteran
Quite a turnaround for England. When I turned on the radio England were 2 - 0 down, the commentators sounded close to ending it.

Then England got 3 - 2 up and they start creaming themselves.

And desolation has set back in with that equaliser.

Thought you had no interest in the Nation's League Andy 😀

AndyRM

XOXO
Thought you had no interest in the Nation's League Andy 😀

I don't.

I listened to the last 20 minutes of a football match which happened to be on the radio as I was cooking.

I enjoy international football, I prefer club football. I think the Nations League is pointless, and the idea to expand it with 10 Conmebol sides is arrogant in the extreme, especially given the proposal to play all the matches in Europe to avoid excessive travel. Imagine the outrage if that was the other way around?

Top Bottom