The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Wonder if altering the points system would encourage better matches generally and give the fickle supporters a reason to stay.
Double the current points system for the final score and award the current points for each half so Man C would have got 9 points and the rebranded Newton Heath 3.

I'm not sure if there is a need to encourage better matches but there is no reason to do anything for fickle supporters. Other than health reasons I've only once left a game before the final whistle. I understand why people do but wouldn't do so myself.

If fans choose to leave because their team is losing that's their choice. I don't think changing the points system would alter that.

T4tomo

Legendary Member

that prompted playing final group games simultaneously

I'm not sure if there is a need to encourage better matches but there is no reason to do anything for fickle supporters. Other than health reasons I've only once left a game before the final whistle. I understand why people do but wouldn't do so myself.

If fans choose to leave because their team is losing that's their choice. I don't think changing the points system would alter that.
There is a guy who sits in front of me who gets to the game ten minutes* after kick off then leaves to have a beer/food ten minutes before the first half has finished.He gets back ten minutes after the second half has started and then leaves ten minutes before the final whistle.
I don't understand it either @PaulSB
*Estimate!

Slick

Guru
I might watch tonight's champions league game from behind this.
IMG-20221004-WA0001.jpeg

PaulB

Legendary Member
Liverpool were very poor tonight. Most fans would probably be glad to have a team like that but compared to pretty much the same Liverpool team from last year, this one looks slow, ponderous and second rate. It's a good job the huns were the opposition because clearly there's a big gap between English football and the lightweight stuff they play up there but I had hoped it would be more glaring than a 2-0.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Liverpool were very poor tonight. Most fans would probably be glad to have a team like that but compared to pretty much the same Liverpool team from last year, this one looks slow, ponderous and second rate. It's a good job the huns were the opposition because clearly there's a big gap between English football and the lightweight stuff they play up there but I had hoped it would be more glaring than a 2-0.

There’s a gap between the top4 in EPL and the rest !! A massive difference. :whistle:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Arsenal, Man City, Spurs and Brighton; are they that much better than the rest????

Ok I submit , outwith Man City the rest are pretty average for the EPL ?

AndyRM

XOXO

Klippity has done his usual and burned out his team.

As for "lightweight" football in Scotland, that really isn't the case. But there's no point in discussing it because fans of English teams are instantly dismissive.

Top Bottom