FNRttC The Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Whitstable 27th August 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

Yes please Simon.

Last one was great, so would love to be included on this one please...

Good on you! (Get some extra Z's this time...) There are some marginal health risks attached to this ride already: Davywalnuts (who can't ride slowly - doctors orders :rolleyes:), the big hills return trip, the lovely café staff who entice one with lip-smacking, thirst-quenching beer at 08:30 (© Des 2010), Claudine's entourage who convince you to stick around and sample bonhomie and beer, not forgetting the abundant chip and crisp concoctions, covered in berbecue sauce, or whatever they were...

I'll be riding back
unless anyone convinces me it's far better to soak up the hospitality. Yet another feature-filled ride.

Oh. And there's a blast along the seafront to the town by all the speed merchants - on the nice flat tarmac...right up your street!

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
the big hills return trip [...] I'll be riding back.
I'll be doing the return leg, so looking forward to this. Is Whitstable the one with the secret enormous hill at the start, and the nasty estate half way back?

I'll be doing the return leg, so looking forward to this. Is Whitstable the one with the secret enormous hill at the start, and the nasty estate half way back?

Yes - the secret enormous hill. Wonderful. Flat as a pancake if your name is User3143 though...eh Lee? Oh sorry, I forgot - he's another of those Shooters Hill afficionados...I have taken to leaving the Garmin off the bike. No interest in time, distance, speed or direction - I have too much fun to bother with that stuff these days :smile:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Some people will believe anything. The correct order of events is depicted below...

:bicycle::hungry::sun::cheers: :tired:

This sounds like fun. One question that bothers me though, how does one p*****d cyclist get bike to train station, on train to correct place and then home without a. falling asleep or b. just falling???

This sounds like fun. One question that bothers me though, how does one p*****d cyclist get bike to train station, on train to correct place and then home without a. falling asleep or b. just falling???

Worked alright last Saturday - just go with the flow Martin...you'll like it.

Claudine - you know me so well. How I strive for unpredictability in this formal world of ours :sad: ...oh ok then. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom