FNRttC The Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Whitstable 27th August 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
This sounds like fun. One question that bothers me though, how does one p*****d cyclist get bike to train station, on train to correct place and then home without a. falling asleep or b. just falling???

If I could remember, I would tell you...

Actually, bicycles are magic, and can find their own way home - all you need to do is stick with yours. That, at least, is the only explanation I can think of for "Little" Martin making it back on Saturday. Me? I cheated, and got two trains...

martint235

Dog on a bike
If I could remember, I would tell you...

Actually, bicycles are magic, and can find their own way home - all you need to do is stick with yours. That, at least, is the only explanation I can think of for "Little" Martin making it back on Saturday. Me? I cheated, and got two trains...

Yeah I have to actually get three trains from Whitstable which will mean aiming for hopefully the middle 3 from a possible 9 in vision. Might be safer to skip beer and cycle back!!! :tongue:

Your right there Claudine. Mine woke me just as we pulled into my stop on sunday afternoon.:rolleyes:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
This sounds like fun. One question that bothers me though, how does one p*****d cyclist get bike to train station, on train to correct place and then home without a. falling asleep or b. just falling???

Normally, it goes something like this...

"You riding back?"
"Yep"
"Cool, we're out of here in 5."
"K. Just gonna get another drink."
"Ooh. Me too."

Repeat as necessary until.

"What time is it?"
"Dunno"
"You riding back?"
"Bit late for that now."
"Train?"
"Yep. Just gonna get another drink."
"Ooh. Me too".

Repeat as necessary until.

"Right. We've got to catch that train."
"Ok. Another drink?"
"No. Seriously. We need to leave now or we'll miss it."
"Ok"

and

"Damn. We missed it."
"Ride back?"

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
I have taken to leaving the Garmin off the bike. No interest in time, distance, speed or direction.

Very magnanimous of you, dear boy, but not exactly a massive development.
I am prepared to make a similar sacrifice, though, and shall defer from bringing a trouser press, courting glove and regency wig.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
There are some marginal health risks attached to this ride already: Davywalnuts (who can't ride slowly - doctors orders :rolleyes:),

Ha!! I had words with my new physio about that this morning and its something to do with using my hamstrings more at lower rpm. But I now have a new training plan! Whoop! I'll get there soon.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Alas, alack! I'm out of the country on the 27th so can't make the ride. Actually, I think it might be beyond my capabilities anyway. I hope you all have enormous fun and maybe I will see some of you again on another Friday night.

BTW, does anybody have Luke C's contact details? I said I'd send him a jpeg taken at the DB drinks, but he disappeared before I could get his email address.

luke@dodgygreenbikes,com :tongue:

redjedi

Über Member
BTW, does anybody have Luke C's contact details? I said I'd send him a jpeg taken at the DB drinks, but he disappeared before I could get his email address.

blush.gif

I must apologise, as I have no recollection of this request having been made. If it was made at the top of Ditchling then it wasn't me, as I wasn't there. If it was made on the Dun Run, then I've forgotten all about it, and I blame the Guinness supplied by the Team CC support wagon.

Unless there's another Luke C on a dodgy green lovely Celeste Bianchi?

Feel free to PM me if it was me.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Eric B
Tessa H
Olaf S
Katharina S
Susie F
Adrian C