The full inquest touching the death of Nga Tuyet Diep

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Seems almost voyeuristic but nonetheless I feel I have gained a little insight from reading that. Poor woman though, leaving behind two small kids! :smile:

I wish things like this could be more widely circulated to the cyclists who need to read them. The kind of cyclist who doesn't frequent places like cyclechat.

Utterly sad.

Batzman

I notice that some lorries are starting to have signs on the back warning cyclists not to overtake on the left. I'm not sure how many will take note of these though... very sad

Molecule Man

Horrible.
I frequently cycle through that junction on my way into work.
The railings this poor woman was crushed into are still there.

While many of us are very aware of the risks of filtering next to large vehicles, one can't blame less experienced cyclists for doing so, there is so much encouragement that this is the correct thing to do, from the poor design of cycle lanes to the aggressive attitude of drivers. I have had drivers shouting at me for waiting in line in the middle of the lane at this junction.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
I also Know the area and even work with one of the witnesses, it's ahorrible experiance to witness an accident like this. The junction is a wide and busy one, there is a cycle path all the way down Rotherhithe new rd, I am not sure how the path crosses this junction though.
This case does confirm to me what I have always believed, that Local authorities are'nt putting enough in to cycle paths. The statistics look good for Boris if there are loads of people cycling in London , but he's not spending the money on making the city safe for them. Also true what a previous post put about education for cyclist's, it's this type of cyclist who need's to be targeted. Not the boffin who spends hours drooling over kit in cycling mags.

The whole business is sickening.

Top Bottom