The Good Deed for the Day thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Fed my sons families rabbits, let them have a run ...in the run, while sons family is on holiday.
Rabbits...a bit pointless really :laugh:

Gave drivers behind me a lesson on how to overtake cyclists, indicated and swept wide of said cyclist.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I was in a tourist shop and a lady came to the till just after me, but I offered for her to go first as she had what looked like less items than I did.
I didn't clock that she actually had about a dozen little tiny souvenirs which she wanted wrapping individually. 😑 No matter.
When the whole lot was wrapped and priced up about ten minutes later, she also turned out to be about 1.30 Euros short of the bill total. I then gave her two euros, just to be nice, but also so I could get on with my day that bit quicker. 😄

stephec

Legendary Member
I was in a tourist shop and a lady came to the till just after me, but I offered for her to go first as she had what looked like less items than I did.
I didn't clock that she actually had about a dozen little tiny souvenirs which she wanted wrapping individually. 😑 No matter.
When the whole lot was wrapped and priced up about ten minutes later, she also turned out to be about 1.30 Euros short of the bill total. I then gave her two euros, just to be nice, but also so I could get on with my day that bit quicker. 😄
I think you should've posted in this thread.😊

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/been-punished-for-any-good-deeds-lately.259593/

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Another hot day in prospect. Need to tidy up my front garden as I am surrounded by fanatical tidy gardeners and mine is a bit untidy in contrast.
FB barney { I am not involved } about some dangerous driving around blind corners on a single track road. This is what makes me nervous on the trike as often there is no escape route. I have a camera in case of confrontations at this time of year.
A crew member on MV Isle of Mull has tested positive for covid so there is a distinct possibility of disruption to services. Even if I could get a booking there is still no guarantee of travel. Fortunately I have enough food to do me for a few weeks yet and I did not travel on that boat anyway on my recent trip.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Took an elderly neighbour to a local temple,

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Might have to resurrect this for the day...

Forgot about this, until tonight, when a very grateful 'neighbour' gave me some 'chocs'.

On Sunday, whilst collecting timber for the planter I made, upon entering our road I noticed a neighbour had stopped their car and was running over to someone in the road. I stopped and blocked the road with my car. Ran over and an elderly neighbour had 'gone over' on tree roots sticking up on the pavement - our pavement is a mix of old flagstones and tarmac that's been up-rooted by the trees - very un-even.

Another neighbour came out to hold her dog, whilst we carefully picked her up and popped her in the car and took her home. She lived on her own, but was good friends with the lady next door, so we called for her. Had to literally hold on tight to her getting in and out of the car as shock was setting in, and she was shaking badly.

Roll on last night and she was going round the road to find the three of us to give us chocolates ! She's avoiding the pavement from now on as she's fallen twice on it.

Top Bottom