The Good people Of York/Hull !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Yes, finally, the bloody rain has stopped ... :biggrin: (although I don't trust it to stay stopped all day!)

I suppose there's always the car ... :biggrin:

velocidad

Veteran
yeah weather will be fine, trust me, i'm as good as a barometer, well as good as a bromptoneer anyway ;-)

cheers, velocidad.

velocidad

Veteran
great ride out to hornsea, a bit damp but good fun, nice group of people, i had a top time, cheers!

helenD123...you get home ok, felt a bit mean leaving you to go on by yourself.
get ya train ok arch?
cheers, velocidad.

velocidad

Veteran
cyclechatride060908.jpg

left to right....

soltydog, admin's friend (didn't get name sorry), helenD123, arch, admin, gezza and craigwend (i think)

cheers, velocidad.

Dayvo

just passin' through
Looks like gezza was having fun with his 'rabbit's ears'! :biggrin:

You were brave to be wearing shorts; it looked bloody freezing!

HelenD123

Legendary Member
It wasn't cold, just bl***y wet. Why did Gezza have to bring all that London rain with him:rain:(gratuitious chance to use a new smiley:biggrin:).

It was lovely to meet you all. Just a shame about the weather.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
velocidad said:
helenD123...you get home ok, felt a bit mean leaving you to go on by yourself.
cheers, velocidad.

I got home fine. Took a bit of a wrong turning at one point but I had a map so it wasn't an issue. I'm used to cycling on my own so don't worry about leaving me.

Aperitif

Meme bar
Just had a word with gezza and he's 'exfoliated' - if that's the right description for someone cycling in the thrashing rain...:biggrin:
He has already arranged for a couple of barrowloads of London tarmac to be sent up to repair the dents where he fell off (twice:biggrin:) and, just now, we were discussing the merits of giving his bike a shower and leaving it in the hotel bath to drip dry.
He enjoyed the day and particularly the chips and gravy followed by two jam and cream scones.
Tomorrow he's on a club run...:tongue:

I was also pleased to pass on the information to this avid football (& QPR) fan that it was 0-0 at half time...
...docker's language ensued - how fitting! :biggrin:

Well done you lot!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Great day despite the weather :biggrin: Great to meet you all & nice to witness a clipless moment, shame it wasn't video'd :biggrin:

We'll have to plan the next meet up in summer, anyone know what day it is next year :tongue:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Aperitif said:
He has already arranged for a couple of barrowloads of London tarmac to be sent up to repair the dents where he fell off (twice:biggrin:)

Is he trying to blame his clipless moment on a dent in the road?! He put on quite a show falling off in Hornsea high street in front of a queue of traffic.:biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
HelenD123 said:
Is he trying to blame his clipless moment on a dent in the road?! He put on quite a show falling off in Hornsea high street in front of a queue of traffic.:biggrin:

It was the bow to the crowd of drivers waiting at the lights on the other side that was the funniest. :biggrin:

Wouldn't mind, he's out again tomorrow morning with the Beverley lot; just a quick 18 mile (fast as you can) challenge, then along for the club 50. Glutten for punishment if you ask me ... :biggrin:

Oh, and cheers for the CO2 can - I've gotta get me one of those - 0 to 110psi in a split second - bloody marvellous :biggrin:

Had a great time (despite the almost non-stop rain) and lovely to meet you all. A really friedly bunch ... :biggrin:

We'll have to do it again next year, but try and get some more of this :sun: and less of this :tongue:.

Cheers,
Shaun

PS. My mate's name is Trev. :smile:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Today:

51 miles

6 hours of 'weather'

8 new (good) people

10 trillion gallons of water!

1 good café & many incontinent looking puddles from our clothes as we sat there

2 chip butties

6 cups of tea

The word 'waterproof' is a lie

Don’t mention the 'weather is okay' as it will rain two minutes later (thanks Shaun)

Don’t mention how good gp 4000 tires are, or you'll get a puncture 3 miles later (gezza) - though the impressive co2 thing, apart from you then freezing your finger and lip!
(and the comedy falling off!) twice?

Don't tell someone to do the comedy v-fingers ear thing then stand next to them...

Brompton’s are impressive!

Thoroughly enjoyed the day, thanks everyone.

theloafer

Legendary Member
hey guys and ladies.. thanks for a great day wont hold the weather against you hope we can ride together again but next time some one bring the :biggrin: went over the bridge today weather was great bloody tipical.. nice pic of the group but where is me :biggrin: .. best rectify ..
hull.jpg

OP
OP
G

gezza

well that was erm.....quite an fun (interesting) weekend :tongue:

A 3.5 hour journey oop north in the pouring rain and an insult...£2.70 to cross the Humber bridge:sad:

starts off with a beers/curry night on the Friday with Velo Club Beverley ,this was followed by a "Premier inn, premier all you can eat £7.50 breakfast" this was a BIG mistake:blush:, I am sure you can work out why:blush:

Great to meet everyone(Especially the infamous Arch;))

Bleedin Rain ,starts raining the moment we leave Hull,stops when we get to Hornsea and then starts the moment we start riding back:evil:(scones with jam/cream mmmmm

Yes,I can confirm that yours truly had 2 spills:blush: (AND NO I AM NOT BLAMING IT ON ANY DENTS IN THE ROAD :laugh::evil::tongue:) once in the Middle of Hornsea High Street at a road junction at 11am when its thronged with people:ohmy: ,driver at the lights asked me if I was alright,for which i took a bow;).the other (thank Fook) was only witnesed by Admin and his friend trev

I thoroughly recommend those co2 cannisters ,as Admin says 0-110 psi in just 1 second,but dont touch cartridge afterwards as you will burn your fingers,as i will testify:blush:,oh i also manged to get a p******e after singing the praises of the conti GP 4000s only 3 minutes earlier:blush:

I spose you could say ,not a good day at the office

Onto the Sunday and to the complete opposite of the previous night,this time i hardly ate anything for dinner and nothing for Breakfast,not ideal when your faced with a 7.30 start and a lung busting 18 mile as fast as you can ride.the start took us out from Westwood Pasture in Beverley (by the racecourse),now this is an interesting place,as there are hundreds of cows,which are allowed to roam free and as i can testify ,they dont give a sh1t and if one should be crossing in front of you.......:ohmy:(BTW 18miles 1hr 08minxx() this was followed by a 10 minute break from which i devoured 1 .5 bottles of energy drink and 2 energy bars,then onto the club runxx(xx(xx(:biggrin: didnt do the 50 miles,think it was more like 32;),but with a nice pit stop:biggrin:,if your considering joining a cycling club i couldnt recommend a more friendlier bunch of guys then VCB

after a shower and something to eat it was time to travel daaan saaarf and managed to shave 40 minutes off my time going home,arriving bang on 5pm ,oh well a PB....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

so i sit here after completing 115 miles in total in 24 hours in glorious countryside and think in 12 hours i will be driving my taxi on the Euston Rd:sad::sad::sad: grrr !!!

Top Bottom