England : London The Great Escape - 200km from LMNH! Old St to Essex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
I've entered, hopefully I'll be fit enough by then!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Wow. I must have taken the one of last few places.

I entered at the weekend, I didn't realise I was cutting it so fine.

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
A tip for anyone planning to do this navigating by GPS track: Split the track into two, first 100 and second 100km or pre Blue Egg and post Blue Egg, and only display one at a time. THis is because a significant part of the outbound route coincides almost, but not quite, with the inbound route. This means that you can get confused (if you are easily confused, like me) when both parts are showing at the same time.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
definitely a good idea to split gps routes I have arrived at a T junction before now with the line on the gps going both ways due to the inward and outward route crossing each other.When your tired it can be more confusing than you would think.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
I have arrived at a T junction before now with the line on the gps going both ways due to the inward and outward route crossing each other.When your tired it can be more confusing than you would think.

Honestly, you're making it far harder than it needs to be. Just wait at the junction until I come by. Then watch which way I go.

(then go the other way).

(and if you're feeling generous, shout before I go too far)

OP
OP
ShannonBall

ShannonBall

Über Member
Splitting the GPX into two is a great idea - I think I'll offer a part 1 and part 2 option for 2017.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Another trick that I forgot to mention is, if you are using your GPS to navigate by eye along a (say, blue) track, then change the colour of your current track - that you lay down as you go along to, say, red.

This is because when you come back down the home run if you don't do this your (blue) track showing where you were in the morning will still be there to confuse you, even though you're not showing the outbound first half of the course.

Does that make sense?

stephenb

Guru
I've asked this on another forum but haven't had a reply - does anyone know why the results are still provisional 3 months after the event? It seems rather excessive but I'm new to this audax thing.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Results? It wasn't a race. However if you're waiting for your brevet card I haven't had mine from 2015 yet.

Sit back, relax and congratulate yourself on finishing

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've asked this on another forum but haven't had a reply - does anyone know why the results are still provisional 3 months after the event? It seems rather excessive but I'm new to this audax thing.

It's what I have come to expect from IslingtonCC. They lost my brevet card last year, didn't register my ride this year of which I had to complain to Audax UK and now months down the line the results are still showing as provisional. It's the same with the Italian Job which was a month later. As good as the routes are, perhaps IslingtonCC should stick to organising chain gangs rather then Audax or get someone in who knows how to organise and run an Audax.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Results? It wasn't a race. However if you're waiting for your brevet card I haven't had mine from 2015 yet.

Sit back, relax and congratulate yourself on finishing

No you miss the point.
The results have been showing on the Audax UK page as provision for months now which means they haven't been verified. Something thats quite important for those Audaxers that are collecting points.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I never got my card back last year. They validated and gave it back to me on the spot this year. (I've probably since lost it) Being only an occasional audaxer, my website results don't bother me. In fact I was asking myself why I was bothering to stop and check the info controls ... as I'm not actually chasing official recognition.

Top Bottom