The Great Escape 2015 - 200km audax - London-Essex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Expecting to do it in the same timescale.
Are we? :surrender:

rb58

Enigma
Its a flatter route then last week and 15 is what we did then.
15mph was our rolling average and didn't include stops. I'll be hoping we can be back at LMNH by 6.00pm, so quicker than the Hop Garden, but not as quick as Man O'Kent. We'll have a stiff headwind to contend with for the return leg.

Lisat

Wishing all riders a great day tomorrow. I was really looking forward to this Audax but due to mechanicals encountered on my last bike ride (fractured wrist), I hope to do it next year and still have some rides booked for when the cast comes off.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
So
I was really looking forward to this Audax but due to mechanicals encountered on my last bike ride (fractured wrist), I hope to do it next year.

Sorry to read this. Swift recovery, and all that.

I'd better start looking at the route!

Hmmm... Is it me, or is there only a TCX file available now? I thought there was a route last time I pulled it from the web... Now trying to remember how to convert it... Hmmm...

Rustybucket

Veteran
I'm now thinking what have I got myself into. Just washed my bike and got it all sorted for tomorrow, picked small bits of flints out of my tyres. Also bought a lot of flapjacks and energy bars.

Front brake has started to make a bit of a funny noise, nothing major. Hope it lasts for tomorrow

martint235

Dog on a bike
Well I've had about 1kg of pasta with sauce. I feel carbed up and ready.

Flatter than last week but with possible headwind doesn't bother me overly. Doubt tomorrow's cafe will do sausage, egg and chips for £5 though

Top Bottom