The Great Escape 2015 - 200km audax - London-Essex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
*makes plan to stick with Nige*
May slow you down my average speed has dropped recently but welcome to

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I haven't had time to look at the bike I'm taking - busy doing other cycle related stuff all day. I saw it briefly in the garage just now when I got home, and seems to still have 2 wheels, so that should be good enough.
it's very important before an audax to have everything properly greased and oiled, even the most unlikely places.

and when you've done that, you think about the bike.

MichaelO

Veteran
My word, that was fun!! And faster than I was expecting - got caught up with Brixton Cycles and Team Yorkshire from the off and burnt off the first 40-60km in next to no time! Eased off after that - I hadn't realised how nice Essex can be!!

And I've started the 2015 cycling tan lines ;)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Oh, and I rode to the start, but my legs were toast, so jumped on a train home!

https://www.strava.com/activities/306430074
:bravo::heat: Serious pace there!!!

martint235

Dog on a bike
Well that was a lot of fun!!! Not sure about the bit coming back into London but the rest was good. I took it a bit easy last week cos I didn't know how much I'd need in reserve. Today was more like the old me though although Shooters Hill did hurt on the way home. And I have to cure the clicking on Lelly!!!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Well that was a lot of fun!!! Not sure about the bit coming back into London but the rest was good. I took it a bit easy last week cos I didn't know how much I'd need in reserve. Today was more like the old me though although Shooters Hill did hurt on the way home. And I have to cure the clicking on Lelly!!!
Dear Long Martin's Cycling Mojo,
Hello. Nice to see you back :smile:

Top Bottom