the Great Nottinghamshire Bike Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markg0vbr

Über Member
Entries Open Now!
the Great Nottinghamshire Bike Ride This year’s ride will take place on Sunday 19[sup]th[/sup] June and start once again at the National Water Sports Centre, Holme Pierrepont, Nottingham.

There will be four rides to choose from:

• 75 Mile Sportive
  • 50 Mile Challenge Ride
  • 18 Mile Community Ride
  • Family Lap Challenge
Entries for this year’s event are now open, Sign up now at the new event website – www.greatnottsbikeride.com

i will be doing this one again, ether on the trike or the high racer, for the 50 mile ride, any one ells going?

plantfit

Guru
I have rode this ride many times in the past on either road bike or mountain bike but have yet to do it on my trike, must check when I have booked our annual holiday to Wales, would like to go on this ride though with the trike, always a very friendly ride with a great atmosphere, funny thing is I will have to travel from home near Newark to ride back again on trike then back to Nottingham on trike to pick up the van to drive back home again near to Newark, if that makes sense

Roger

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
i did it year before last on my trike, i got a medal i still wear it in the shower, had a good day and fast ride, up to about 40miles when the 50 joined up with the 18 mile all the kids loved the trike and it was nice to bimble a long.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
i will be ok for this, as i am now bionic, i am thinking of putting ablest on the trike :tongue: my friend is coming on his up wrong but will only enter the 18 :bicycle: so then he will do some laps of the lake until i get back from the 50 :thumbsup:

3tyretrackterry

I have pencilled this in Wife thinks I am insane but nowt new there. Judging by past pictures helmets are optional is this correct.
I just need to get to Nottingham with Trike now. I am going for the 50 is that what others are doing

3tyretrackterry

just registered for the 50 Miler
hope the weather is ok for it now
Ian

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
Due to unprecedented levels of interest in the ride this year we have had to introduce a cap on the number of entries we can take for each ride.

So if you've got friends and family looking to join you on the ride this year it is worth getting their entries in now to avoid missing out.

Go to www.greatnottsbikeride.com now to enter or find out more information.

just got this through, i am taking it with a pinch of salt, they might limit the 75 miler but the people on the 58 are so strung out there is no possible reason to limit the numbers.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
dont know it is the first year they have run it we should be ok we can draft roger all the way round. i can play the cripple and get some df's to push me :whistle:

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
yes with a bungee rope, just have two bowls of porridge.:whistle: I will be taking it easy as it is a event ride rather than a race, i have only been doing 22mile rides in training but the hilliest way around :boxing: eye of the tiger na na na.
the bike rite at Easter should give me some good rides :bicycle:, bricks in the panniers next de de de its the eye of the tiger :boxing: don't think i can get the trike up them steps though.

Top Bottom