The happy "nothing bad happened on my commute" thread ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maizie

Guru
Wow!

Just wow!

First commute on my new bike - switching over from a 1998 Trek 800 with slicks, to a shiny new Trek 1.2 WSD.

Decided to pootle, what with this being my first ever go with dropped bars, getting used to the new position, new feel, etc.
Bike decided that pootling was way beneath her, she only zooms. But I really didn't push it, it felt leisurely and I had no 'legs about to fall off, can't breath' moments! The difficult bits were still harder than the easy bits, but they weren't actually hard, which is an amazing improvement.

Nice commute with sunshine and blue skies and well-behaved fellow road users.

And the whole journey took 20% less time! 20%! About 3mph increase in speed. So I am delighted :laugh:

Just can't wait until hometime now to ride again

:laugh:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Awesome Maizie!! Chuffed for you.

adds21

Rider of bikes
The only thing which happened to me this morning, is that I went the long way.

IMAG0101.jpg

BenM

Veteran
Another great commute - and another PB for the run I think (highly inaccurate timing but it suits me!) it was 15 minutes or 16mph average for an urban(ish) commute which isn't bad for me on my armchair of a bike :sad:

Stonking ride today.

I came across the usual boxed morons, and far too many of them were obstructing traffic by lining up in places where bikes couldn't easily get through.

But it was a good ride.

Not as fast as yesterday, when I managed to top 22kph average each way (not fast for a lot of folks, but I have about fifty sets of traffic lights en route), but fast enough.

And smooth. That's what made the difference. I could get up to speed and hold it pretty steady without too much effort.

Happy :tongue:

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
Lovely ride in, with legs of lead after the weekends riding, but still a fantastic day to grab any time on the bike.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Was hoping for a steady ride into another site - oh no arrived dripping wet...Why - spotted a guy on a nice Ribble Nero RS with New Ultegra - Chased him down, and chatted, then we both flew down the A34 inth Manchester - had a goot chat, but I was at my fixed gear's limits at 23-24mph steady - 110 rpm plus - let's say I was gasping a bit keeping up with a geared road bike and chatting...

At one point I shouted 'I've run out of gears'...... he turned and said 'I can see that' :becool:;)

BenM

Veteran
Two posts in one day? the ride home was great especially when I saw a bike hauling a kayak and a wind surf on a trailer!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Went for a burn along the A13 yesterday, the big section from the Blackwall approach out to Creekmouth.

Not one horn blown or close pass the whole way, even though I was on the road and there is a half decent cycle path on the pavement. So thanks to all the tipper drivers and the like, decent lot!

I did get a fair speed up too, 30mph+
Was loving it in the heat!

potsy

Rambler
Nice ride in yesterday,sunny,warm,not too much wind.why can't it be like this everyday?
Even exchanged 'hello's' with a recumbenter,who normally ignores me:biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nice enjoyable ride for me also. Sunny and warm. Even a distinct lack of idiot motons. I took it at a nice easy pace today. No need to bust a gut in this glorious weather.

Top Bottom