The happy "nothing bad happened on my commute" thread ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Fair pace this morning, lots of standing traffic ..ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...

Oh and a newly re-surfaced junction, that was looking like it was going to be very dodgy (Potsy - the one in Cheadle near Go-outdoors headding west) where the inside lane is now a left turn, the outer straight on, but there is a new ruddy big island squeezing the straight on lane......:smile:

As of this morning a wide cycle lane has appeared inbetween both lanes, and across the junction - and it is seperating the traffic and giving cyclists space - worked a treat this morning - I didn't have to force my way into position. That said, the straight on lane is very narrow for cars now....:tongue:

Landslide

Rare Migrant
ianrauk said:
...a nice easy pace today. No need to bust a gut in this glorious weather.

True dat. Go too quickly and you'll be in danger of dropping your 99...
2921429765_20bf8c645e.jpg

potsy

Rambler
fossyant said:
Fair pace this morning, lots of standing traffic ..ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...

Oh and a newly re-surfaced junction, that was looking like it was going to be very dodgy (Potsy - the one in Cheadle near Go-outdoors headding west) where the inside lane is now a left turn, the outer straight on, but there is a new ruddy big island squeezing the straight on lane......:smile:

As of this morning a wide cycle lane has appeared inbetween both lanes, and across the junction - and it is seperating the traffic and giving cyclists space - worked a treat this morning - I didn't have to force my way into position. That said, the straight on lane is very narrow for cars now....:tongue:
Have been watching this work being done every day,seems strange that but will get a proper look at it today,was still a mess yesterday is it all done now then?

fossyant

Not finished yet - green paint and any other paint not down :tongue:. That island is a mare - very dangerous for cyclists, but at least a 'lane' has gone in to shift the traffic a little.

potsy

Rambler
fossyant said:
Not finished yet - green paint and any other paint not down :tongue:. That island is a mare - very dangerous for cyclists, but at least a 'lane' has gone in to shift the traffic a little.
I'm sure it's another well thought out plan by the powers that be;) seems like it will just cause more chaos to me:wacko:

fossyant

Not being grumpy - the junction's been improved a little. We even have a cycle lane !!!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
We all had to start early today fro those who like football so it was a 5 am ride to work , very nice .

On the way home at 3 pm the roads were empty apart for a few cyclists including a club run going the other way .

See football is good for something it gets the motons off the road :biggrin:

Great ride in today. Actually, it isn't so good that nothing's happened on my commute this week, because I'd offered to help staff work out a commuting route and ride in with them (for Bike week, you see). But no takers, sadly :smile:

brokenbetty

Über Member
Back on the bike for the first time in almost two weeks (holiday last week then just errands that weren't compatible with a bike this week). I've been so jealous seeing commuters zooming around in the sunshine - feels so nice to be back out there again.

And very lovely driving from almost everyone this morning, whether WVM, bus driver or car driver.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Another lovely sunny day commute. I left home an hour earlier today and the difference in traffic is amazing.. so a far quicker, without trying commute.

fossyant

Glorious this morning, very mild, wall to wall sun......why do people chose to sit zipped up in a car ? Sat at some traffic lights near home, virtually every car was shut up with a/c on....oh, and surrounded be the rattle of diesel engines....

Very nice, makes you think all those hard grind days in the wind, rain and snow are worth it.....

Linking the pannier too !

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
A beautiful morning .. made even better because it's a Friday. Started off with a quick ramble with the bow-wow. Great cycle into work in lovely sunshine with a very light tail breeze. Only spoiler was about 4 bin lorries who I kept passing/being passed - bloody stunk!!!!:eek:

Oh and I've just dropped beans on toast down my last work shirt, just before a meeting at 10 a.m. :biggrin:

Top Bottom