The happy "nothing bad happened on my commute" thread ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dondare

Über Member
Nothing bad happened on my ride in today. Roads very clear of traffic. Didn't see many cyclists.
Nothing bad happened on my ride home today. Roads a little busier. A few cyclists.
Where is everybody?

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Not just a good commute today, a fantastic one. A moderate to fresh breeze behind me, and I beat my previous best commute of 24' by over 2 minutes. Average up from 15.8 mile/h best (usually above 15) to a record 17.4.

:sad:

Champagne now on ice.

biking_fox

Guru
Nice chat on the way in with a roadie.

In the ASL he was asking about my hub gear, which we followed up in the next ASL, and then a bit more 2 abreast down the cycle lane in Plymouth Grove at 20 mph.

Fun.

BenM

Veteran
Great commute in the rain today - apart from steaming up glasses and mirror. I even got a lovely smile from a cyclist I see most mornings going the other way to me on her way towards the rock. Morning is all good, lets hope the trip home is as fun.

B.

dondare

Über Member
Annoying head wind this morning, enough to notice the extra effort but not enough to keep me cool. I started off a bit earlier than usual and so coincided with the school run. Still, nothing bad happened so I'm happy.
Once I'd left the hilly bits behind (so after Archway) lots and lots of other cyclists - we went through Camden like a peleton. At least half riding singlespeed, some fixed, some free. Very high traffic-light-compliance rate, which I always like to see.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
dondare said:
Annoying head wind this morning, enough to notice the extra effort but not enough to keep me cool. I started off a bit earlier than usual and so coincided with the school run. Still, nothing bad happened so I'm happy.
Once I'd left the hilly bits behind (so after Archway) lots and lots of other cyclists - we went through Camden like a peleton. At least half riding singlespeed, some fixed, some free. Very high traffic-light-complience rate, which I always like to see.

yes it was windy .

last night with wind behind me 35 mins:biggrin:

Coming home wind in my face 43 mins :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Started out wet, soon dried, stopped off to pick up locks etc and carried on to another site. Dried up fine. Bike needs a wash though ! :smile:

Was out riding for fun yesterday in a light drizzle. But that was welcome given the temperature. Today, miracle of miracles, the rain stopped as I stepped out to come to work. So the same pleasant temperatures and light wind everyone else has enjoyed.

Good eh?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Not a commute as such just my usual weekend ride of 35 miles but today's was great especially as I really suffered on the same route yesterday. Sunny, not too hot. 1 hour 54 for the 35.25 miles including Green Street Green to the Dripping Tap in 13 mins!!!;)

iZaP

Über Member
Almost got rammed by a bus, on the way back a little girl in the back of a family van waved at me. Kinda equals out the ride.

biking_fox

Guru
Carrolled forward on a side road, nose well over the cycle lane. I covered the brakes, and prepared to give it the evils, when the driver saw me coming, and gently rolled back again, allowing me clear through. :biggrin: This happens at least once a year on average, and on those rare occasions always makes me feel that the world isn't all bad.

thanks mr green car driver.

biking_fox said:
and gently rolled back again

I've had this quite a bit recently :biggrin:

yesterday on the way home the bit of shared path where tree roots had created 'rumble strips' has been completely retarred :biggrin:

This morning I pumped my tyres, lightly oiled my chain and left without any luggage on the bike, it was a great cycle in!

Top Bottom