the holier than thou on this forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steviesch

I cannot recommend these guys enough. They protect the impressionable and foolish and make decisions on their behalf. They know best and the rest of us are eternally in their debt. I don't know how we would manage without them.

Indeed. I presume you're talking about us mods?

Norm

Steve Austin said:
Are you disappointed that your self promoted pyramid selling advert has been removed?
Ooo, do you think? :angry:

Always a tough call for mods / admin to make, someone seems to be genuinely enthusiastic about a new product so you let it ride whilst, as RT said, keeping an eye on it. Then some other "stuff" starts coming out, family connections, possible legal issues and, for me, that's it, game over, your rights to free advertising are withdrawn.

If you don't like it, maybe you could ask for a refund of your subs rather than bleating at being found out. :evil:

What Steviesch doesn't seem to realise yet is that he was lucky not to be banned without a second thought. It was only because i noticed that he'd been a member for a while and not made any other spam posts that I let it slide for a bit. Normally I'd have seen a post like that and binned the user straight away.

OP
OP
S

steviesch

on what grounds would I be banned ?- i recommended a product in a product review section of the forum...?

steviesch said:
on what grounds would I be banned ?- i recommended a product in a product review section of the forum...?

You wouldn't have been banned for that as such, but even you must admit, looking back at your post, that it looked rather like unsolicited spam to the untrained eye. Don't forget, we mods are quite busy dealing with spam a lot of the time, and the only thing that made your post stand out was your post count. And even that isn't unique now that spambots are getting cleverer.
I'm sorry if you feel aggrieved about this, but we didn't really have much option, as you were ultimately using this site to advertise. Which we don't allow.

Noodley

steviesch said:

It was not really a review tho' was it. IIRC it said something like you had tried it at your aunt's house (or some other relatives) and said it might do others good, with a link to a web page for some drink priced at 35 quid (plus VAT?) per bottle. Then you 'came clean' and said your wife sold the stuff. Not really a review, more like trying to promote a business.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
steviesch said:

Spamming is prima facie grounds for an instant, permanent ban. No argument, no debate. And no second chance either.

Top Bottom