The "How much?" or "You're havin' a giraffe!" thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Do you reckon I was thinking about £100 maximum
It's dropped to £120 now, :laugh:

OP
OP
mikeymustard

mikeymustard

Veteran
Looks a good un (riveted on headbadge suggests a W prefix frame) but £150 is about the top price for it.
I think it'll be lucky to have a N prefix! Cheap components, not the prettiest paint job, but at least it's all there and fairly tidy. Bit of a spruce up and someone might like it for a pub bike.

£30, my final offer :smile:

Edit: AND it's flippin' mahoosive!

Last edited:

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Is that not an old Raleigh Winner? I had a five speed one of these years back, think I paid 5 quid for it from an old junk shop in Plymouth. Rode it up Lynmouth hill in North Devon one day to see if I could!

OP
OP
mikeymustard

mikeymustard

Veteran

£14
Oh, you meant "how much?" in the other way.. ^_^

Yes, I know the chainset is hacked up, and the SA hub is wrong but I have a Sachs 3-speed coaster braked hub and Torpedo shifter that matches what it should have, from another bike I bought for £10, switched to a single speed and sold for £50

So at the moment it stands me £-26
Which should buy a Thompson bottom bracket so all in all it will work out as a free bike

SPARTA-1.jpg

OP
OP
mikeymustard

mikeymustard

Veteran
£14
Oh, you meant "how much?" in the other way.. ^_^

Yes, I know the chainset is hacked up, and the SA hub is wrong but I have a Sachs 3-speed coaster braked hub and Torpedo shifter that matches what it should have, from another bike I bought for £10, switched to a single speed and sold for £50

So at the moment it stands me £-26
Which should buy a Thompson bottom bracket so all in all it will work out as a free bike

View attachment 336051
they're the best kind of bike

Top Bottom