The "How much?" or "You're havin' a giraffe!" thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mikeymustard

mikeymustard

Veteran
Yeah, but 5000 nectar points as well :smile:
http://on-the-drops.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/the-space-ace-racing-bike-peugeot-py.html Quite an important Pug to be fair, though nearly 7 grand's got to be pushing it!
Be interesting to see what it would fetch in auction

woodbutcher

Veteran
for me as an uninitiated member of the current cycle world its all a bit too much. The pity of it is that because there seem to be dodgy deals on offer everywhere l don't feel happy to buy anything....

U

User32269

for me as an uninitiated member of the current cycle world its all a bit too much. The pity of it is that because there seem to be dodgy deals on offer everywhere l don't feel happy to buy anything....
You can still get bargains on gumtree or ebay but they're getting rarer. I've found a few decent vintage bikes in local house clearance shops, one here a couple of weeks ago had a nice old school dawes tourer with good components on for £25. It was chained to a lamp post outside the shop with the price stuck on the saddle. I legged in waving my cash but he said some student had just bought it!
Someone on ebay would have polished it up a bit and be asking £180+

woodbutcher

Veteran
You can still get bargains on gumtree or ebay but they're getting rarer. I've found a few decent vintage bikes in local house clearance shops, one here a couple of weeks ago had a nice old school dawes tourer with good components on for £25. It was chained to a lamp post outside the shop with the price stuck on the saddle. I legged in waving my cash but he said some student had just bought it!
Someone on ebay would have polished it up a bit and be asking £180+
Story of my life..a dollar short and a day too late !

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
£2000 for an old BMX: :wacko:

s-l1600.jpg

Brandane

Legendary Member
What about a 70's Puch Alpine, of which I bought one new in 1976 for £45, for £315. Currently on ebay.
So it's been stripped and powder coated and new transfers applied (in the wrong positions), converted to single speed, and given new wheels; but £315?
I got one on ebay a few years ago, stripped it and painted it by hand, applied new transfers in the correct positions, put new wheels on it, rode it for a few hundred miles then realised it wasn't as good as I remembered it, and certainly not as good as modern bikes. I gave it to my local cancer charity shop.

Top Bottom