The "How much?" or "You're havin' a giraffe!" thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Had to laugh at this seller on gumtree, wants £150 for a lot of old tat that they say they can not sell at car boot sales?
If i owned that lot i would be delighted if some kind person would collect it for free and save me a trip to the dump/recycling centre?
https://www.gumtree.com/p/house-clearance/car-boot-sale-stuff/1456541810

……..Says they ‘cannot make it to sell’ (Not great use of the English language) - but not the same as ‘cannot sell’.

Either way: i fully agree. What a load of tat. If she lived next door and said I could collect for free - needless to say I wouldn’t bother…….

davidphilips

Veteran
LOl sevenfortate, know if i came home with that lot even if i was given it for free SHMBO would not be a happy bunny and i would be in solitery again.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
£1250 for a Bob Jackson, even if it's hardly been ridden, seems a tad excessive to me: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155594493703

And if it needs a new chain because of storage then I'm guessing all the cables / greased parts need re-doing as well :wacko:

Maybe worth it, but if I was putting in a "Custom order for Eroica type events." I doubt that I'd specify combined brake and gear shifters rather than downtube shifters, SPD type pedals rather than ones with toe clips and straps and brake cables taped to the bars rather than outside and over the handlebars. Apart from that, what's not to like? :rolleyes:

DRM

Guru
Maybe worth it, but if I was putting in a "Custom order for Eroica type events." I doubt that I'd specify combined brake and gear shifters rather than downtube shifters, SPD type pedals rather than ones with toe clips and straps and brake cables taped to the bars rather than outside and over the handlebars. Apart from that, what's not to like? :rolleyes:

There's at least £1000 in that word Eroica!

double again for 'barn find' :laugh:

reminds me of my ex's brother who was very into top quality hiking equipment
he spent ages choosing the right sleeing bag - insisting on (I think) Hungarian Goose Down
apparently Romanian Goose Down was cheaper but he wouldn;t look at it

I always had visions of Goose breeders herding the geese across the border before harvesting the down in order to get the higher price

Anyway - what was teh topic????

reminds me of my ex's brother who was very into top quality hiking equipment
he spent ages choosing the right sleeing bag - insisting on (I think) Hungarian Goose Down
apparently Romanian Goose Down was cheaper but he wouldn;t look at it

I always had visions of Goose breeders herding the geese across the border before harvesting the down in order to get the higher price

Anyway - what was teh topic????

I trust them there gooses were a barn find?

Top Bottom