The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
Zoom said:
the century a month is a sort of by-product of Randonees Round the Year for me
These Peak Audax lads push the bounds of sanity -
"(4) Shaun Gregory (not to be confused with Shaun Gregory senior) becomes the youngest member of the RRtY club with the completion of his 12th qualifying ride while still only 14"

He will be a tough little sod when he grows up.

For me, 200k is an extra 90 minutes a month, which does ratchet it up a couple of notches for the winter ones. To get fit enough for some of the PA rides I would have to give up work. Now there's a thought....

Zoom

Über Member
ASC1951 said:
These Peak Audax lads push the bounds of sanity -
For me, 200k is an extra 90 minutes a month, which does ratchet it up a couple of notches for the winter ones. To get fit enough for some of the PA rides I would have to give up work. Now there's a thought....

I've never done a Peak Audax ride; any 200km or more ride anywhere in the world will do as long as it's validated by Audax UK ( I did one whilst on holiday in France last year for my August ride); once you are the swing of it it's not too hard but very addictive, but great for early season base fitness :biggrin:

ASC1951

Guru
ASC1951 said:
To get fit enough for some of the PA rides I would have to give up work. Now there's a thought....
Well, I did, and I thought I was getting fitter.

Yesterday's 100 miler (#59, yipee) was the first winter conditions ride post-retirement. Cold, a sprinkling of showers and very windy. Aching knees, sore legs and lung pain. I think I'm getting too old for this malarkey - so much for doing them until my 70th. :laugh:

Thats me finished for another year. My first unplanned 100, i'd no idea where i was going to ride until i'd done three miles to Whalley. The second half was a suprise cos that was decided by the Wednesday group. One of the most enjoyable though!
good luck to the remaining riders, hope you have good weather and a successful ride.

ASC1951

Guru
That's me done too. My numb fingers were just warming up nicely in the sun, then I pedalled into a bank of freezing fog at Ripon, emerging five hours later at Tadcaster. I'm fairly sure I went to Northallerton in the meantime, because I could still taste fish and chips...

My, how I'm looking forward to Year 6. :tongue:

Perhaps if I speak to the nice people here at the North Leeds Home for the Bewildered, they won't let me go.

ASC1951

Guru
For anyone who still cares about this - which might just be me and Pied Wagtail - I've resurrected Rob S's register for 2010. Admin will make it a sticky, so please post your up to date centuries.

nice one! Thanks, i'd been storing them on facebook.

thats me finished for another year -possibly forever. well maybe til january :biggrin:
cold wet and horrible just about sums it up, but this'warm spell' is only here for a couple of days so had to make the most of it. never doen an out and home 100 before, well not one with a U turn at 50 miles anyway.:laugh:

good luck with the rides, hope you get better weather.

ASC1951

Guru
thats me finished for another year -possibly forever. well maybe til january :biggrin:
cold wet and horrible just about sums it up, but this'warm spell' is only here for a couple of days so had to make the most of it.
I know how you feel! I've been stuck indoors for a fortnight, coughing and wheezing and waiting for my Winter Fuel Allowance to arrive, so I missed your warm spell - it was a tropical 8deg over here, too.

The forecast is for White Hell from now till Christmas and all the local shops have already been cleaned out of bread and milk, so I reckoned yesterday was my last chance. The flattest, quickest route available to me! Still wet, windy, cold and generally horrible.

Are we all up for it next year? I'll post a new sticky at the end of the month, but I might just sneak off and start with the Lanzarote Ironman route again.

i'd been wondering what the weather was like in your area and whether or not you'd get the ride in. This months was hard and i din't want to do another , especially a u turn at 50 miles one !,but i don't think conditions could get much worse than what we've had at both ends of this year so if everyone is still in i'll give it a go next year.
lanzarote, almost makes me want to go out and get apassport :biggrin:

two of us have logged 2011 100's on last years page. asc1951 was going to put a new thread up and i don't want to tread on his toes by putting one up before he does.
maybe we could just drop the year part and have a century ride page that lasts forever!

two of us have logged 2011 100's on last years page. asc1951 was going to put a new thread up and i don't want to tread on his toes by putting one up before he does.
maybe we could just drop the year part and have a century ride page that lasts forever!

Good idea. I am trying to do a century for a full 12 months as I didn't start until later in the year. Quite pleased now to think I may only have one more freezing cold ride to do in February, as hopefully March will be milder!

Top Bottom