The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CotterPin

Now I am the proud possessor of a new bike I will be up for the Metric version again. Things fell apart from me in October last year due a comnination of flu and other commitments.

Ron - I was keeping an eye on your efforts last year (so much greater than my own) - really sorry to hear about your wife. I do hope she makes a swift recovery.

Will1985

Über Member
I was so close yesterday with 93km! The wind was too much and I would have struggled. My hamstring tendon feels quite sore today. Hopefully robgul's ride next Saturday will make it happen.

Zoom

Über Member
did my first 100km of 2009 today (with hopefully a 100 mile next week); waiting for the official thread to record it; many thanks for keeping this going Rob; it's been a real inspiration :biggrin:

zzpza

completed my jan 2009 metric century last weekend. do i record it in the current metric century thread or is that just for 2008?

really sorry to hear that rob, a big loss.

OP
OP
Rob S

Rob S

Well there was a lull in all the crappy weather (except for a very strong easterly wind) so I postponed my London shopping trip, headed out to see what could be done....and managed 67.7 miles :angry: Still, that's three times further than my second furthest ride of the year so I shouldn't grumble too much. I had a feeling in December I wouldn't be up for January.:biggrin:

ian_oli

Über Member
Well that's me stuck with two stars. I did the Willy Warmer Audax (117km) yesterday and would have had to ride to the start and back to get my century. But getting there was my first chance to drive the new car any distance and in daylight, one way at least, and I took it!

Rob S said:
Well there was a lull in all the crappy weather (except for a very strong easterly wind) so I postponed my London shopping trip, headed out to see what could be done....and managed 67.7 miles xx( Still, that's three times further than my second furthest ride of the year so I shouldn't grumble too much. I had a feeling in December I wouldn't be up for January.:blush:

thats bad news. what are we going to do without our leader?
sorry to hear it rob i thought you were going to get one in at the last minute.
we're down to five this year unless there are any late posters.

ASC1951

Guru
Will1985 said:
I got hit by a car on the 15th - I'm off the bike for a while.
Ooof - nasty. Luckily I have only ever thrown myself off my bike and even then never to the point of injury. I hope you are back on it soon.

I trust you have set Shark Shark Barracuda and Shark on the matter?

Zoom

Über Member
the century a month is a sort of by-product of Randonees Round the Year for me

http://www.highergrangefarm.fsnet.co.uk/PeakAudax/rrty.htm

so it's unusual to put a less than 200km ride in (South Coast Super Sportive; actaully an Audax) as my first (and for the first time since 2006 when I started the challenge)

but what a way to earn a century ;) the equivalent of riding up Snowdon 3 times and I never went more than about 10 miles from the start. El Supremo's promised to tone it down a bit next year if anyone believes him for a moment!

Top Bottom