The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Rob S

Rob S

ComedyPilot said:
I am up for it, didn't want to join the 2008 version part way through.

Depends what you mean by part way through....if you have done a century every month and then seen this thread in the middle of the year then you're still more than welcome to put an entry in the register although ideally you say right at the beginning that you are going to try to do it...but if you only started doing a century in say February then it would be too late.

ronstrutt

Sadly I have fallen at the final fence for the metric century challenge.

Cycling has taken a back seat over the last few weeks as my wife has been diagnosed with bowel cancer. Apart from trips to the hospital, I've been amazed just how exhausting it is looking after someone in that condition. I'd hoped to get out yesterday for a last minute ride, but we didn't get back from the hospital until early afternoon, by when the temperature was plummeting - and the last thing I/we need at the moment is for me to have an accident.

It's a disappointment, having got so close, but it's one of those things. Well done to Zoom.

My wife goes in for an operation next week and is going to need nursing when she gets out, so it's unlikely I'm going to get much cycling in this month, so the 2009 challenges look like non-starters I'm sorry to say.

ian_oli

Über Member
Ron

I hope your wife makes a complete recovery.

A friend and a relative have had it and some years on, following operations, both are leading normal lives.

All the best

Ian

rob, i've done my january 100 but will wait for you to post yours before posting mine. i think you should have first spot on the thread, you should have some perks for being organiser:biggrin:

OP
OP
Rob S

Rob S

piedwagtail91 said:
rob, i've done my january 100 but will wait for you to post yours before posting mine. i think you should have first spot on the thread, you should have some perks for being organiser:biggrin:

Forget that...just post it :ohmy:

ASC1951 i couldn't get the stars to work in firefox i had to use ie to put them in. once in they show up ok in firefox.
you wouldn't have seen much snow and ice on your ride then;):smile:

ASC1951

Guru
Ah, thanks for reminding me. It still upsets my prejudices when IE does something I can't manage in Firefox or Google Chrome.

Noooo, no snow or ice at all. That said, the lodgings were at 1400 feet so starting as soon as it was fully light meant the first five miles downhill were colder than a whatsit's thingie. After that, of course, it was unbroken sunshine and 15 degrees.

Anyway, I haven't got my Nearly A Pensioner's flu jab yet so I had to have a banker ride in there just in case it is snow and ice for the next seven weeks. I certainly wouldn't want to be trusting a set of 23s to the North Yorkshire back roads this coming weekend.

Will1985

Über Member
I'm going to try and make an effort to do a metric century every month. I know I'll be doing them May-September, I just need the willpower for the colder months!

zzpza

put my name down for the metric challenge please! as above, the cold weather will be the biggest challenge for me. ;)

Top Bottom