The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Just updated my sig ^_^ and I noticed this is my fifth year of doing this challenge and I've done 116 imperial rides in that time.

Thanks to @ianrauk for running the challenge and to (in no particular order) @13 rider @Lilliburlero @tallliman @Chris Doyle @Oldfentiger @EasyPeez @Pale Rider @Moodyman @Soltydog @ColinJ @cyberknight who for some I have ridden many rides with and some just one.

(I've bound to have missed some people out, it's not that you are not memorable, it's just that I have a terrible memory :smile:)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well done y'all.

It is this damp, overcast, windy weather that does my head in and puts me off this challenge. I thought about doing a metric century today ... Nope. How about a 50-miler then, for the half century a month? Nope... Maybe it would stop raining later and I'd get a 50 km ride in? Nope. The 21-miler I needed to stop my remaining daily target creeping up? Don't be silly! Get the bike out and just go on a 2 mile round trip to the shops? You guessed it.

Hmph - Looks like I'm taking another cycling day off! :blush:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just updated my sig ^_^ and I noticed this is my fifth year of doing this challenge and I've done 116 imperial rides in that time.

Thanks to @ianrauk for running the challenge and to (in no particular order) @13 rider @Lilliburlero @tallliman @Chris Doyle @Oldfentiger @EasyPeez @Pale Rider @Moodyman @Soltydog @ColinJ @cyberknight who for some I have ridden many rides with and some just one.

(I've bound to have missed some people out, it's not that you are not memorable, it's just that I have a terrible memory :smile:)

Well done Chris.
Myself and @rb58 are out to bag our 8th year in a row tomorrow.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Well done y'all.

It is this damp, overcast, windy weather that does my head in and puts me off this challenge. I thought about doing a metric century today ... Nope. How about a 50-miler then, for the half century a month? Nope... Maybe it would stop raining later and I'd get a 50 km ride in? Nope. The 21-miler I needed to stop my remaining daily target creeping up? Don't be silly! Get the bike out and just go on a 2 mile round trip to the shops? You guessed it.

Hmph - Looks like I'm taking another cycling day off! :blush:

It was a bit damp for the first 70 miles but it wasn't cold

Soltydog

Legendary Member

It was good to meet you earlier this year & hopefully we'll ride again in 2019, might even head down your way for a century ride :okay:
& if you think your memory is bad now, just wait till you're as old as me :laugh:

13 rider

Guru
That's my second year done . I'd like to thank @ianrauk for running the challenge .Massive thanks to @Supersuperleeds for talking me into this challenge two years ago ,although I have cursed him at times :laugh:
and thanks for the company on many of the rides and dragging me round quite a few as I flag .Also thanks to @Lilliburlero ,@tallliman and @Chris Doyle for the company aswell it makes the rides so much easier. We talked @Lilliburlero into this year's challenge and he's smashed it well done mate .Thanks to @tallliman for the routes you've planned and getting us into Leicester to Lincoln and train ride back . Roll on next year ,what am I saying

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Done.. with @rb58 . To Tiptree and back for breakie.
A lovely tailwind for the way out, a naughty headwind for the return.

So, scores on the doors.
114 Miles.
8th year done of the challenge
Imperial Century # 22 for the year
Imperial Century # 250 over all
97th Imperial Century month in a row.

Roll on 2019... only a few weeks away....

021218month.jpg

021218map.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom