The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Well done @cosmicbike for his first gold star.

@ianrauk - some very impressive numbers there :notworthy:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
That rarest of December days today - completely calm. In fact pretty rare at any time of year. So naturally I went for a ride! I hadn't been to Stratford-upon-Avon this year so that's where I went, returning with a sound 103 miles.

Whatever the time of year, our bikes take us to nice places:

Dec04a.JPG

How have I survived with those lethal mudguards? A little winter project perhaps.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
The December ride completed for me too. I got out yesterday and made the most of the calm weather. Unfortunately my legs didn't want to play nicely and I cramped up badly at 78 miles. Stubbornness got me the rest of the way for what was easily the toughest ride of the year but at least it's done and I'm not having to think about rescheduling.

105.52 miles. Ride write up here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.173254/post-5461153

Trickedem

Guru
I decided to take advantage of the strong westerly winds yesterday. Train up to Milton Keynes then across country to Ipswich.
https://www.strava.com/activities/2006889669

It wasn't quite the easy ride I was hoping for due to the hilliness, but the tail wind helped. But overall it was a very pleasant route.
This completes my eighth full year of this challenge. Can I have another star now please!

A Hawker Hunter outside RAF Henlow
bike and plane.jpg

A beautiful Hertfordshire road, near Wallington.
bike and view.jpg

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Not doing it this weekend (wild and other stuff), same again next weekend...but hopefully there will be some less unpleasant weather at some point!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
OK. The 2019 Imperial Century Challenge a Month ride thread is up.

We are still waiting for a few riders to complete 2018's challenge with a December ride. @StuAff @Racing roadkill @BromyG so fingers crossed peeps.

So scores on the doors for 2018 so far.
13 Gold Stars awarded, with the 3 peeps above in the pipeline.

Gold Stars awarded by year
2011 x 5
2012 x 5
2013 x 7
2014 x 7
2015 x 11
2016 x 13
2017 x 13
2018 x 13

@Ajax Bay @cosmicbike @Lilliburlero get their first Gold Stars. Congrats. Hopefully @BromyG can get a first one too
@mangid get's a gold star for the first time too though he get's a little ticking off for not reading the rules about just posting links and only posting the rides in November :okay:

Fingers crossed we also see @redfalo back in the challenge this year after his nasty incident with a broken bollard.

Top Bottom