The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
My June imperial was done last week on Thursday 2nd as part of my All Points North foray. Starting in Sheffield at lunchtime, out to Hornsea Mere and up into the forest just shy of Dalby where I camped. I was recording control to control so distance on two different strava traces. APN pushed me to my limits!
Did you completed it all ? What was your total distance . Massive Kudos from me

13 rider

Guru
June's finally done . 104 imperial miles out from Leicester to Ilkeston then a loop back to Repton and home in a quest for some velo viewer squares

sittingbull

Veteran
Yesterday saw me head to Llangollen for my June qualifier. It was dull and overcast but the forecast was dry. It's summer, so I removed the mudguards, therefore it rained, repeatedly :rolleyes:

Progress was slow but steady with stops in Chester to refuel and then in Trevor to see the narrow boats and the aqua-duct before arriving n Llangollen. 108 miles duly completed ^_^

cc1.JPG

cc2.JPG cc3.JPG cc4.JPG

13 rider

Guru
I had intended to get my July ride in tomorrow. Unfortunately I tested positive for covid this morning.:angry: I'm really hoping for a mild dose and to be back on the bike quickly.
At least you've got plenty of time in the month take as much as is needed to feel right

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Did you completed it all ? What was your total distance . Massive Kudos from me

No, only 75% but 8/10 controls. Was just too exhausted after 5 nights mostly wild camping and very dead/cold feet and hands. If I'd not have got lost/made a couple routing errors (a good half day or more wasted) and had been much nearer to Ulpha on day 4 I might have got round with one more night and riding into the night Tuesday night back into Sheffield. I wasn't really riding at night. Was 11/20 rookies.

I did about 850km and 10100m of my 1100km and 13500m route. we had to start/finish in Sheffield and visit 10 controls but routing decisions all our own and no help/conferring allowed.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
No, only 75% but 8/10 controls. Was just too exhausted after 5 nights mostly wild camping and very dead/cold feet and hands. If I'd not have got lost/made a couple routing errors (a good half day or more wasted) and had been much nearer to Ulpha on day 4 I might have got round with one more night and riding into the night Tuesday night back into Sheffield. I wasn't really riding at night. Was 11/20 rookies.

I did about 850km and 10100m of my 1100km and 13500m route. we had to start/finish in Sheffield and visit 10 controls but routing decisions all our own and no help/conferring allowed.

:notworthy:Chapeau with knobs on

13 rider

Guru

Still massive kudos from me . I can't get my head around even starting something like that

Top Bottom