The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
After climbing the mountains of Spain on various tours over the years. The hills of Cornwall hold no fear :okay:
Cornish hills are different there just constant short steep ramps , Id take long constant gradient anyday even if they are steep , @footloose crow gained nearly 2000mts without going above 200m above sea level it's just constant up down . Not saying it's harder but given a choice of the Peak District or Cornwall for a century I'd do the peaks . Done 1 century in Cornwall that was enough

footloose crow

Über Member
That looks a fabulous route, I'm so envious. I would love to do that ride for one of my 100's.

I will happily swop with you for the ability to do a long ride without having to go up and down the whole time. The scenery is amazing: granite cliffs turquoise and cream Atlantic breakers, sweeping moorlands, engine houses and castles....but after a while it would be nice to just stay in same gear for more than five minutes.

footloose crow

Über Member
IMG_3685.jpeg

In case you ever thought "I wonder what Lands End looks like on a mid week January afternoon". The answer is an empty car park and just two Japanese tourists, who were convinced I had cycled from John O' Groats.

13 rider

Guru
Yes looks like I'm back for another crack ,joined @Supersuperleeds for a tailwind assisted ride Leicester to Grimsby and train back , @Supersuperleeds first part of his statement maybe an exaggeration but the 2nd part isn't 😂. My fastest ton for a while I think tailwind @Supersuperleeds thinks his power
Had to be rescued riding home from the station ,after extolling the virtues of my exposure rear light it went flat on the away home 😂, rescued by big sister at least I didn't have to ride up the big hill to home

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Yes looks like I'm back for another crack ,joined @Supersuperleeds for a tailwind assisted ride Leicester to Grimsby and train back , @Supersuperleeds first part of his statement maybe an exaggeration but the 2nd part isn't 😂. My faster ton for a while I think tailwind @Supersuperleeds thinks his power
Had to be rescued riding home from the station ,after extolling the virtues of my exposure rear light it went flat on the away home 😂, rescued by big sister at least I didn't have to ride up the big hill to home

Fastest ton for a while, first ride with me for a while. The defence rests your honour. ^_^

I did chuckle about the light and was a bit miffed to find you did just under a mile more than me today, I'm tempted to go back out.

In all seriousness, great to see you again and as usual great company.:notworthy:

footloose crow

Über Member
I think I may have some kind of obsessive compulsive disorder. I just had to get this challenge done as soon as possible this month and I couldn't stop thinking about weather, diary commitments, windows of opportunity. Anyway it's done and I can relax for three weeks.

A dull, grey and wet day. Muddy lanes....headwinds......otherwise good apart from that. Stopped for 35 minutes in total including junctions and traffic lights. I just wanted to finish the ride and I couldn't see the views anyway.

tempImageSNaXL4.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
February's qualifying ride done and dusted.
Out at 6.30am this morning for a fabulous ride through the Kent Weald down to Appledore and Wye.
A lovely wind assisted tailwind gave me a nice push most of the way down. Turning north/northwest back for home meant the wind was causing bother at times. However, it wasn't really cold and even a little bit of drizzle didn't dampen the cycling spirits.
So, scores on the doors.
120 Miles for the day (Bagged a few future Eddington numbers)
Imperial Century Ride # 336
Imperial Century Month # 159 in a row.

map.jpg

Brenzett Aeronautical Museum
20240204_095705.jpg

Appledore
20240204_094207.jpg

Spring is on the way
20240204_121308.jpg

footloose crow

Über Member
February's qualifying ride done and dusted.
Out at 6.30am this morning for a fabulous ride through the Kent Weald down to Appledore and Wye.
A lovely wind assisted tailwind gave me a nice push most of the way down. Turning north/northwest back for home meant the wind was causing bother at times. However, it wasn't really cold and even a little bit of drizzle didn't dampen the cycling spirits.
So, scores on the doors.
120 Miles for the day (Bagged a few future Eddington numbers)
Imperial Century Ride # 336
Imperial Century Month # 159 in a row.

View attachment 720766
Brenzett Aeronautical Museum
View attachment 720769
Appledore
View attachment 720767
Spring is on the way
View attachment 720770

Good ride. Your bike looks a lot cleaner than mine does on a long ride! No mudguards either!

Top Bottom