The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I got November’s done today. I gave myself a stress fracture of the Tibia ( just under the patella) a fortnight ago, and I have been doing very little on the bike since. The Physio said to leave it for 6 weeks. So today ( 2 weeks after the injury :laugh:) I got on the bike and did my 100 miler. It feels okay as we speak, but it was a work up, because I had to knock the power down by nearly 100 Watts, and it was dark on the return trip. Oh well, it’s done now.:okay:

rb58

Enigma
I had to knock the power down by nearly 100 Watts
You're lucky you have 100 watts to knock down by. That's probably all I can muster these days.
Chapeau on the ride!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
For my Nov century I rode around the entire coast of Great Britain.
1573997036565.png

I must note that I didn't design that route. A friend of mine did - it's a work of art. OK it's a sadistic, hilly, up-and-down twiddly little wet leaf strewn back roads and crappy dual carriageway cyclepaths work of art, but a work of art nonetheless.

Rainy to start and the roads were wet and leafy but that aside, absolutely perfect cycling conditions. Cool, and not a breath of wind.

Last edited:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
For my Nov century I rode around the entire coast of Great Britain.
View attachment 493230
I must note that I didn't design that route. A friend of mine did - it's a work of art. OK it's a sadistic, hilly, up-and-down twiddly little wet leaf strewn back road work of art, but a work of art nonetheless.

Rainy to start and the roads were wet and leafy but that aside, absolutely perfect cycling conditions. Cool, and not a breath of wind.

Can you ask your friend if they can do one going through Leicester and flat?^_^

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I got mine done yesterday by heading to Lake Vyrnwy and back again. It was a great day weather-wise with sunshine and a light wind but I struggled a bit as I haven't been getting in enough regular miles just lately.

103.17 miles at 11.8 mph average. Glad to have got it in the bag. Write up here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.173254/post-5797755

Edit to add: I've just updated my post in the Challenge thread and notice that the recorded mileage is exactly the same to the hundreth of a mile as when I did the same variation of the route in March. I'm quite impressed at the speedo recording it with that consistency.

Last edited:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
The last one of the year done & out of the way nice & early ^_^ Temp overnight was forecast to get no lower than 3degrees locally and set to rise through the day as high as 7 degrees, so thought I'd be ok, 5 miles in I met the local running club coming the other way, who warned me about black ice ahead, so took it steady & sure enough there was a fair bit of the slippy stuff :sad: Thought about turning back & heading home, but had no other plans for the day & I'd only end up ironing or something :laugh: so carried on. Tried to stick to main roads, ended up turning round on a couple of the quieter roads due to ice, even at midday one road was bad, so got close to home & clocked the miles up on local roads that I knew would have had the sun on them for a few hours :okay:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Well done @Soltydog . Glad you made it round safely a bit iffy out there today
Cheers mate, when I got to first icy bit I was slighly worried & wondered how long I'd be off the bike for if I came off & injured myself :blush: but all was well in the end

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Did mine too, so second to finish, a mere 25 days earlier than last year. First of the month, no nights out/AOB this weekend, weather forecast as good as it's probably going to get from here on in, so it would have been rude not to. Decided to stay close(ish) to home in case of any problems, especially as all train options were bus-shaped (!) so did the old commute route (and yes, I have cycled it, there and back) as far as Botley, then north to Owselbury, back down to Portsdown Hill, east to Barnham, back west, then a loop down to Southsea and back for the last few miles. Wind definitely added a chill but not too unhelpful heading into it. No ice down here, thankfully...

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
The last one of the year done & out of the way nice & early ^_^ Temp overnight was forecast to get no lower than 3degrees locally and set to rise through the day as high as 7 degrees, so thought I'd be ok, 5 miles in I met the local running club coming the other way, who warned me about black ice ahead, so took it steady & sure enough there was a fair bit of the slippy stuff :sad: Thought about turning back & heading home, but had no other plans for the day & I'd only end up ironing or something :laugh: so carried on. Tried to stick to main roads, ended up turning round on a couple of the quieter roads due to ice, even at midday one road was bad, so got close to home & clocked the miles up on local roads that I knew would have had the sun on them for a few hours :okay:
Fine job mate! Titanium discs make ideal winter bikes, don't they! :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Good stuff...well done.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Did mine too, so second to finish, a mere 25 days earlier than last year. First of the month, no nights out/AOB this weekend, weather forecast as good as it's probably going to get from here on in, so it would have been rude not to. Decided to stay close(ish) to home in case of any problems, especially as all train options were bus-shaped (!) so did the old commute route (and yes, I have cycled it, there and back) as far as Botley, then north to Owselbury, back down to Portsdown Hill, east to Barnham, back west, then a loop down to Southsea and back for the last few miles. Wind definitely added a chill but not too unhelpful heading into it. No ice down here, thankfully...

Well done Stu... another year and another gold star.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Thank goodness, ironing is bad for your health and dangerous. Well done on avoiding.
What a lot of Imperial stars, very impressive!

Top Bottom