The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Are McD's still open :ohmy:

Drive through and takeaway only. I sat outside, was surprised they didn't ask me to move on but I was the only one there. Every other bugger was in their cars.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Stopped at 82 miles at a McDonalds their chips have never tasted so good

Edited that last bit for you :laugh: Well done on getting out today, I planned to do a local westward climb to get some wind assistance, but legs were too tired, so opted for a short local ride & even that was too tough going at times :blush:
My attempt will be next week. Too f in windy today & train assistance seems inadvisable even if they're actually running. Forecast looking somewhat better next week. And if I don't…well, there are far more important issues right now.
If you're relying on trains next week, it looks like it will be far worse than this week :sad: & you're right re more important issues. I was thinking of how I could get my century in under total lockdown (living very rural could be an advantage :okay:), but I'll just write it off this year if we get into that situation :blush:
Anyway good luck Stu & hopefully you'll manage it next weekend :okay:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
If it gets to the point where a full travel ban is put in place the challenge could be over for everyone. Would we make an exception to the rules this year to allow everyone to get 12 qualifying rides in? Or do we all just shift over to the Lunacy Challenge instead?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Edited that last bit for you :laugh: Well done on getting out today, I planned to do a local westward climb to get some wind assistance, but legs were too tired, so opted for a short local ride & even that was too tough going at times :blush:

If you're relying on trains next week, it looks like it will be far worse than this week :sad: & you're right re more important issues. I was thinking of how I could get my century in under total lockdown (living very rural could be an advantage :okay:), but I'll just write it off this year if we get into that situation :blush:
Anyway good luck Stu & hopefully you'll manage it next weekend :okay:
The idea was to repeat my ride from Hastings to home from last year. Preferential train option involves getting up for a 5am service (after getting home at 10.15 pm). Which might not have been running & I couldn't find out unless I got to the station first. And then a transfer from Brighton, ditto. And yes indeed, it's going to get a lot worse…

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
If it gets to the point where a full travel ban is put in place the challenge could be over for everyone. Would we make an exception to the rules this year to allow everyone to get 12 qualifying rides in? Or do we all just shift over to the Lunacy Challenge instead?
Good point. Unfortunately, I think we'll have to cross that bridge when we come to it. Going to depend how many people keep acting like…you know what.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
If it gets to the point where a full travel ban is put in place the challenge could be over for everyone.
I've not been following all the CV19 threads/news but has any country issued a full months travel ban yet? Even 2 weeks ban would make this challenge even harder, but I'd accept the challenge :okay:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I've not been following all the CV19 threads/news but has any country issued a full months travel ban yet? Even 2 weeks ban would make this challenge even harder, but I'd accept the challenge :okay:
As would I. There have been occasions where I've lost 2 weeks out of a months riding so that wouldn't be new. The current situation is so unpredictable I just wondered.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If it comes to it we'll just cancel the year.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
at a McDonalds their chips have never tasted so good

I'm not in the challenge, but the quality of McDonalds chips is a matter too important not comment on.

Unusually for their food, I find the taste of the chips variable.

If they are freshly cooked when you get them - almost too hot to touch with your fingers - they are truly delicious.

Not so nice if they've been sitting around in the server, and I suspect the newness of the oil comes into it.

I wasn't surprised to learn McDonalds has rules relating to oil change frequency and the length of time food can sit on the server, but I suspect not all restaurants comply with them.

gavgav

Guru
Sadly after reading this I fear that a travel ban might get considered: Coronavirus "Unprecedented scenes" on Welsh hills

Thanks a bunch selfish people.:angry:
Whom the majority probably have houses full of stockpiled goods as well. It just beggars belief, the me me culture, who have simply NO thought for anyone else. It will literally take one of their relatives to be lay in ICU breathing via a Ventilator, before they will even get the gravity of this situation.

Top Bottom