The Ineos Grenadier thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Bumped into a couple of new residents to the area . They have a defender, a 90! Last model . Quite nice their previous Defender was 23yrs old ! Wonder if these newer ones will last as long ? Mind you I’m thinking I bet it was like triggers broom :laugh:

Jameshow

Veteran
It certainly is, I understand some people even like the way Volvos look. :becool:

As for the JLR unreliability, I've just bought my second one, I don't think I'm too stupid, we can all make up our own minds.

Hey I like Volvos!!!!

gbb

Legendary Member
I'm slightly bemused by this thread. I have no love nor hate for the upcoming Grenadier or new Defender but several things stick out (IMO of course)

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Bumped into a couple of new residents to the area . They have a defender, a 90! Last model . Quite nice their previous Defender was 23yrs old ! Wonder if these newer ones will last as long ? Mind you I’m thinking I bet it was like triggers broom :laugh:
In the sense that a lot of consumables and ‘wear and tear’ items would have been replaced, like on any other 23 year old car?

Landsurfer

Veteran
We have moved on from the Landie ....We've had.. HiLux, Ranger and Isuzu pick up trucks ... faster, cheaper , Tougher, than anything from Landrover.
And now our latest acquisition ... Diesel ! 4WD ! Aircon and climate control, auto lights, washers, wipers. Black leather interior a 5 Series driver would dream of ......

Musso Saracen ... after a week of driving we bought a second for our Engineers ... half the price of a Ranger .... 8000 miles later we are very happy ...

B7F14A6A-8347-4244-909B-B43F82E37643_1_105_c.jpeg

Gunk

Guru
Hopefully they’ll sell well, they deserve to. It’s an ambitious project

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Hopefully they’ll sell well, they deserve to.
Why?

While the old Defender has its fans (and I'm one of them with a 1994 110), it is something of a dinosaur from another age. I'm not sure it is relevant to the modern world so not convinced that there is any need to replicate it?
Sure, the die hard enthusiasts like me may sit around crying into their beer over its demise, but actually there are usually better alternative ways to replace it's rather niche function. Launching a copy just to satisfy the enthusiasts and 'lifestyle' wannabees is an endeavour doomed to fail and also doesn't fit with the current sensible aims to be less environmentally damaging and improve the road conditions for more vulnerable users!

Gunk

Guru
It's a rich man's plaything. It's not in step with the times.
Stop building huge chunks of metal as cars.
Stop using the resources for them.

How many mpg ?

Who cares, I would still buy one. they really float my boat, be even better with the 4.4 ltr BMW petrol V8 fitted.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Who cares, I would still buy one. they really float my boat, be even better with the 4.4 ltr BMW petrol V8 fitted.

Thats why i bought the 2.2ltr turbo Diesel Saracen .... while the green lobby sit in their stationary vehicles because the power has got off ... ill go for a drive !!

Top Bottom