The joy of not having a 'posh' car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Going back to the dealership next Wednesday as I want to upgrade my order to the top of the range Prestige, which is only 800 pounds more than the Comfort. If I don't do it, I will regret it when the car comes. I have spoken to the nice salesman this morning and he said: " no problems, see you on Wednesday."

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
New Prestige model definitively ordered now but I will probably have to wait till next March/April for delivery. :sad:
Apparently, there is no shortage on the Continent, only the UK as the cars are made to order in Roumania because of the right hand drive. Mine is a Fusion red colour, can't wait.
According to Dacia UK, the dealer is supposed to ring me every two weeks to give me an update on my order. I suppose it will be the same message until after Christmas and then maybe a date of expected day of birth of the car. ^_^

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
As my son now has 2 small people I have swapped my trusty 90,000 mile Dacia logan for the family Citroen C1 60 plate with 60k miles which he was using (but is now too small).
It’s fab! Fun to scoot around in, surprisingly good on the motorway and cheap to run. Was serviced and MOT’d 2 weeks ago and yesterday the rear exhaust bracket broke. Kwickfit sorted a new one and fitted it today for £230. Tyres £50 fitted.
Ok. Downside is that it’s not a great car for shifting loads, I can’t carry the Brommie out of sight and there’s no bluetooth. It does have a CD player tho….
It’s great being able to park where so few other people can!
So it’s my daily and work runabout now.

Love it!

*we have a Duster for that and the Campervan rear beds remove for big stuff.

bit of a thread resurrection :smile:
Not that were looking for a new car but i see the citroen c3 new comes in at comparable prices to a sandero now

Gunk

Guru
I'm out of this thread now, having a 2 year-old Honda CR-V hybrid sort of means I'm in the 'more expensive' category.

Son no. 2 has my Pug Tepee, which he intends to run until the wheels fall off. He's learnt well :okay:

How are you getting on with it?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
How are you getting on with it?

It's 'different' but very good. I can see why it's that price since there's a lot of technical stuff going on. It's very clever, with lane control, automatic cruise control, regenerative braking and single speed electric/petrol switching going on pretty seamlessly. It does scrabble a bit if you accelerate hard whilst cornering, but is otherwise OK. The Sport mode is ... erm ... interesting as it gives 318 horsepower, lowers and stiffens the suspension making it accelerate a lot faster than it ought to. Useful when a BMW or Audi thinks it can out-drag me on a motorway slip road :okay:

I've noticed that I'm getting about 40mpg versus the 30mpg we get with the Tepee. That's OK, but I'd have expected more.

Space-wise we can get two bikes in with other bits but there is a lack of useful storage compared to the Tepee; no overhead or under-seat storage, no under back-row bins, etc. That's a bit of a disappointment whereas the Tepee has loads of storage but no power.

Oh, and it keeps telling me my driving style is pathetic by telling me off :laugh:

Milzy

Guru
It's 'different' but very good. I can see why it's that price since there's a lot of technical stuff going on. It's very clever, with lane control, automatic cruise control, regenerative braking and single speed electric/petrol switching going on pretty seamlessly. It does scrabble a bit if you accelerate hard whilst cornering, but is otherwise OK. The Sport mode is ... erm ... interesting as it gives 318 horsepower, lowers and stiffens the suspension making it accelerate a lot faster than it ought to. Useful when a BMW or Audi thinks it can out-drag me on a motorway slip road :okay:

I've noticed that I'm getting about 40mpg versus the 30mpg we get with the Tepee. That's OK, but I'd have expected more.

Space-wise we can get two bikes in with other bits but there is a lack of useful storage compared to the Tepee; no overhead or under-seat storage, no under back-row bins, etc. That's a bit of a disappointment whereas the Tepee has loads of storage but no power.

Oh, and it keeps telling me my driving style is pathetic by telling me off :laugh:

What’s the model number? The Mrs likes CRV’s & maybe it would be better than our Polestar idea.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It's a 69-plate Honda CR-V SR hybrid. The top model has a slidey glass roof but the SR gets pretty much everything else, including heated leather seats and all the tech stuff.

my father in law told me his brother in law has a £30k Jag, but there's hardly any miles on it
he's scared to take it anywhere in case it gets dings
just sits there most of the time, what a waste

Sharky

Guru
a £30k Jag
That would have seemed an expensive car not so long ago, but car prices seem to have rocketed. In the Hyundi showroom in Bluewater, the first model you walk past is priced at £44k!

I always viewed the likes of Hyundi as cheap alternatives to the mainstream manufacturers, Ford, vauxhall, vw etc, but not any more.

Don't know how people can justify spending so much on a car.

mustang1

Legendary Member
That would have seemed an expensive car not so long ago, but car prices seem to have rocketed. In the Hyundi showroom in Bluewater, the first model you walk past is priced at £44k!

I always viewed the likes of Hyundi as cheap alternatives to the mainstream manufacturers, Ford, vauxhall, vw etc, but not any more.

Don't know how people can justify spending so much on a car.

I reckon car prices got so high that people have no choice but to lease them. That keeps a revenue stream going for the dealers.

And its not just the cost of the car but the additional subscription services (SOS, etc).

Top Bottom