The Kayak, Canoe and Small Boat thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
A few years ago some members from Angels Afloat went from Swanage to the Channel Isles for help the hero
Paddle from Swanage to Alderney on a sit-on-top
https://thepaddlermag.com/2017/02/14/paddle-from-swanage-to-alderney-on-a-sit-on-top/

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Old kayak sold to a chap from the next village thanks to Mrs D's Felchbook ad.

New kayak ordered.

New one is nothing exciting, but with a 150kg payload capacity ives me a bit more freeboard and room for error than the 120kg of the Riber, as I was perilously close to that one.

Old kayak sold to a chap from the next village thanks to Mrs D's Felchbook ad.

New kayak ordered.

New one is nothing exciting, but with a 150kg payload capacity ives me a bit more freeboard and room for error than the 120kg of the Riber, as I was perilously close to that one.

Which river will you use it on?

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Ouse, lovatt, Nene, tove, grand Union anal.

Went on ebay based on looking at this thread

Cost of secondhand canoes and stuff it just silly at the moment!!!

Although I am tempted - the idea of a canoe with a sail and daggerboard plus a fishing rod sounds like my idea of heaven
well - almost - add a trailer to tow it to the river by ebike and I'm there!!!!

Although I am tempted - the idea of a canoe with a sail and daggerboard plus a fishing rod sounds like my idea of heaven
well - almost - add a trailer to tow it to the river by ebike and I'm there!!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

The Rover

Guru
Are inflatables allowed….. we’ve used it on the Leeds/Liverpool canal loads and on Ullswater which was awesome. I’ve also got a sit on rigid kayak which has been lent to me on a more or less permanent basis, the owner just wants to use it once a year on a camping trip.

Only issue is that I’ve been unable to get it into the roof of my VW T5 due to shoulder/collarbone injuries but I’m hoping to give it another go in the next week or so.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk

Seller's market it is!

But, looking on the bright side, the suppliers of boats haven't been profiteering, and have kept prices where they were. Mind you, it took me a year to get a boat from a US supplier, who have more business than they know what to do with.

Top Bottom