The Labrador Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
I can't understand why puppies are so expensive or is it just an English thing? When I was young, in the 50s and 60s, puppies were given away as no one in its right mind would even contemplate charging.
The world has certainly changed a lot and everything seem to have monetary value nowadays, sad I say. :sad:
It's a supply and demand thing. Apparently prices doubled as the first lockdown was imminent, a lot if people were looking for companionship, a dog. Demand increases, .prices rise. .

Willd

Veteran
More Springador thread derailment :ohmy: Gizmo says hi to Loki. He's not bothered that he's a mongrel designer cross-breed. He collects balls when on his walks (at least 9 so far), loves to chase squirrels and pigeons. He's not allowed on the sofa though :angel:. He was £600 2 years ago, although I'd imagine you couldn't get one for that now.

1616141949743.png

Hicky

Guru
Idiots wanting pups due to being furloughed(now stuck with a dog they don't want or is eating their house as its an adolescent), pushing the amount of dog thief going on along with puppy farming.....the prices are the least of our worries.

I wouldn't buy a dog off someone I didn't either know of a friend knows and could vouch for, I'd like a lab next but the Ms is hooked on working cockers. I'd like a Chesapeake but they're difficult to train apparently(any harder than a cocker?).
Here's mine, all are trained to some level as working gundogs(the blonde one just does as she pleases if I'm honest but is no embarrassment so I'm not too bothered)......labs are born half trained and after a lifetime of training spaniels die half trained.....who wants an easy life:hyper:
I've seen some amazing labs that owners seem to have such a close bond with due to the sheer effort put into the dog...it always makes me smile.
Anyway dog pic.

keithmac

Guru
Our two having a sunbathe after hooning around on the field!.

Bought a pair of Vodafone Curve GPS trackers, £20 each and £2 per month sub that clip on their harnesses. Just in case either gets spooked on a walk.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Just joined the Labrador club, well actually Labrador/Retriever. Hopefully this bundle of fun is going to be a life changer as she is a Guide Dog puppy that we are raising for the first 14 months‘ish of her life. First night last night, which I mainly spent sleeping on the floor next to her as she is not too happy to be left alone yet. She is 7 weeks old and the cat is not impressed.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Lemmy on the scrounge for food with a friend of mine.

Lemmy guarding the car while I load up the boot at Tesco.

Lemmy having some fuss from my Dad.

Lemmy looking cute.

Last edited:
Top Bottom