The Logan's Run thread (and other 70's SciFi....)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's a pleasant little silly mid 70s scifi, but not a great movie by any stretch of the imagination.

As I recall, the book set the lifespan at 21, but studios back then would never have make a big budget SF with an unknown male lead, or generally cast with children.

Though I now see that Michael York was actually well over 30 and looked it.

Did he ever play a serial killer? He would have been very good.

MV5BMjAxMDI1MzM4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTIwNzIwMjE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,798,1000_AL_.jpg

Jenny Agutter :wub: after she was a Railway child......Daddy my Daddy.....:cry:
I can't watch it either even now, without a few tears, though the same scene in the remake doesn't bother me in the slightest, even though Jenny Agutter, took Dinah Sheridens role in it, as 'Mother'

Sally Thomsett was famously far older than the role she portrayed, wasn't she?

Digressing Sllightly;
In his book, 'Raising Steam', Terry Pratchett, included a girl by the name of Edith Nesbit, who tried to warn the locomotive crew of a landslide/debris, that actually her (& her siblings) had placed on the line

Last edited:
OP
OP
simon the viking
I can't watch it either even now, without a few tears, though the same scene in the remake doesn't bother me in the slightest, even though Jenny Agutter, took Dinah Sheridens role in it, as 'Mother'

Sally Thomsett was famously far older than the role she portrayed, wasn't she?

Digressing Sllightly;
In his book, 'Raising Steam', Terry Pratchett, included a girl by the name of Edith Nesbit, who tried to warn the locomotive crew of a landslide/debris, that actually her (& her siblings) had placed on the line

Yes Sally was older than Jenny. The remake was not fantastic.

But have you watched the 'live' version filmed at (I think) York railway museum... fantastic...really clever... and the daddy bit had me blubbing in that as well. I think its available on Sky arts catch up. well worth a watch... my brother watched it live at a london station said it was brilliant

The director of Logon's Run also directed The Dam Busters.
Is the supposed remake of that going ahead
Wasn't Peter (Lord of The Rings) Jackson meant to be directing
Please, don't give it to the Yanks though.................or there'll be 'Flying Fortresses' bombing the Dams

If we are talking about Jenny Agutter then surely we should discuss Walkabout.
What about 'American Werewolf In London'??

OP
OP
simon the viking
American Werewolf in London... A fine movie.. (shower scene....) the Nazi stormtrooper bit still gets me everytime... even though I know its going to happen.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Is the supposed remake of that going ahead
Wasn't Peter (Lord of The Rings) Jackson meant to be directing
Please, don't give it to the Yanks though.................or there'll be 'Flying Fortresses' bombing the Dams

What about 'American Werewolf In London'??

She sounded disconcertingly like Theresa May for a moment. Ma\ybe David really symbolised Donald Trump.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
In regard to hitch hikers

Book good (re reading at moment)
Radio series good
Tv series good
Film bleeeeerrrghhh

My take on it:
Radio series, including the oft-forgotten phase 2 (Adams re-wrote the story in the books and went back to Arthur & Ford stranded on prehistoric Earth for the books. It's like Phase 2 never happened!). Does contain the ultimate swear word in the galaxy - 'Belgium':laugh:

TV series - very good, references to 'Disaster Area and the sun-diving ship is actually about Pink Floyd. Adams played guitar on stage with them on his 42nd birthday.

Books - good but confusing as the story changes again.

Movie - utter Dingo's Kidneys. Made by two inept producers, awful direction & poor script. Martin Freeman looked lost.

Top Bottom