The Logan's Run thread (and other 70's SciFi....)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's on tomorrow night 28/06/17 9.00 pm on the syfy channel

I can't believe this magnificent film hasn't got its own thread, as its mentioned regularly... normally relating to its female star.....

Jenny Agutter :wub: after she was a Railway child......Daddy my Daddy.....:cry:(did I ever say Mrs V is allegedly related to Sally Thomsett.... and I regularly have to stop her waving her flannel petticoats at passing trains)

And after she walked about but way before she was a nun...

Anyway if you don't agree this is one of the finest SciFi films ever made.... then whilst I value freedom of speech... on this occasion you are wrong..

AndyRM

XOXO
An absolute classic and the book is also excellent.

The "re-imagining" looks like it might finally be going somewhere too, which I have my reservations about.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd be happy being snuffed out at thirty if I could beam Jenny Agutter into my room.

Great film. Michael York was well past thirty by the time it was made.

The chap that wrote the book did write a sequel, possibly two?

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
There is a magic about that film...I've never put my finger on it but I always liked it.

sheddy

Legendary Member
I thought I read yonks ago, that after RC, JA was concerned of getting typecast and was only interested in scripts offering nude scenes

The idea of the Sandmen has always stuck with me as has the whole concept of such a dystopic society. The other one from a similar era that stuck with me was Soylent Green, all classic Sci-fi concepts.

Reactions: gbb

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Hope Theresa isn't watching. The Carrousel might appear in the next manifesto.

hqdefault.jpg

gbb

Legendary Member
The idea of the Sandmen has always stuck with me as has the whole concept of such a dystopic society. The other one from a similar era that stuck with me was Soylent Green, all classic Sci-fi concepts.
Was Soylent Green the one with Charlton Heston and did they ultimately realise the 'food' was somehow made from humans ?

Top Bottom