The London Classic 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i may have to make a tactical withdrawal... had a puffy knee recently and had liquid drained off it... turned out to be 'old' blood. not entirely sure i want to risk cycling yet, so i'll be woefully out of shape.

i'll see how the knee fares in the next few weeks, but it has been a bit sore since the needle went in.

they also injected it with steroids, so i'll fail the drug test

Christopher

Über Member
Registration now closed - but looks a great ride - have fun everyone!
NB free entry and only a suggested £15 donation to a charity - now I'd be happy to pay that or £20... proper ride that.

OP
OP
tiswas-steve

tiswas-steve

Über Member
Liking the sound of the two new hills, anyone got any ideas on what they might be ? Wonder if they're gonna cancel Eliot Bank and include Sydenham hill, be tops if they did, love that hill !!

RedRider

Pulling through
Be interested to see last year's myself. I've a week off work so I'll be gasping up all the steep bits I can find. W as up Lordship to the Horniman today then turned up sydenham. Haven't had a cig for five days now and I think I can feel the difference.

NickGayle

Regular
Last years route was up on the website but they seem to have taken it down. They need to finalise it pretty soon.

Route usually comes out a couple of weeks beforehand. Went past the end of Eliot bank at lunchtime and had a quick peek. The surface is even worse than the last couple of years, I wouldn't be surprised to see it go.

U

User10571

Route usually comes out a couple of weeks beforehand. Went past the end of Eliot bank at lunchtime and had a quick peek. The surface is even worse than the last couple of years, I wouldn't be surprised to see it go.
If Eliot Bank is on this year's route, I'm likely to give it a miss.
There are plenty of inclined alternatives which don't include trashing your wheels & tyres.

U

User10571

I've not tried Fox Hill on the fixer or with gears.
Yet.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I looked at Fox Hill on the map. Maybe the wise will take cover half way up in Reynard's Drive. Or is that uphill to?
I do this ''ride every road'' thing which led me up Fox Hill (brutal but short) last year - this means I was perfectly entitled to explore Reynard's Drive on the way up without any hint of chickening out, oh no....

Top Bottom