The London Classic 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I love that concept. Brilliantly eccentric to carry it out. Are you keeping a record?
Oh yes! 113.96sq miles to date. Mind you, I think Greater London covers around 600sq miles.
RER.png

OP
OP
tiswas-steve

tiswas-steve

Über Member
Anyone know the twist in the tail with the revised two hills yet ? Saw one of the ride organisers the other week, he said the route has been worked out but wouldn't give me anymore details. Bugger !!

I think I might just be "pleasantly" surprised on the day. I rode some of the pave from the last few today round rotherhithe and Deptford, it was a little squirrely in the wet, I might almost be tempted to ride the slicked up MTB on the day if it's wet.

It won't matter that much. It's not really a durability thing, more a grip thing, and comfort.

Thing is, it's only 30 miles or so, and a lot of them are flat/pootleable, a couple of the hills are bastards and will probably beat me, but it's more a pleasurable day out (with pub/ ice cream stops if you do it right) rather than an attritional slog.

PaulRide

Always at opposition
I don't think you'd need to change tyres for this - the Wapping stretch is a bit bumpy but it's nothing that normal road tyres can't cope with. Most of the setts are pretty gentle.

Top Bottom