The men's dress style thread..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
And of course, Raymon Novarro would have had several flunkys to launder and press that lot for him. 'Easy care' isn't a new term when you can afford flunkys - ! :rofl:

JBGooner

Über Member
I've seen blokes wearing sheepskin flying jackets with flat caps.:ohmy: That just isn't right!🧐

At there best with a beret

1641393755355.jpeg

Dave7

Legendary Member
For most of my (50 year) working life I wore a suit and tie every day, most evenings and all Sunday (long story).
I retired 12 years ago and apart from a couple of funerals the suits** have not been out of the wardrobe.
**they must be 20+ years old but good merino wool AND.......they still fit me ^_^
Now, its joggers, T shirt and fleece.

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
It isn’t just clothes but cars, bikes, prams, furniture, interior walls(!) anything that can be black is.
To quote Morrissey during his tenure in The Smiths "I were black on the outside, because black is how I feel on the inside"...

stephec

Legendary Member
For most of my (50 year) working life I wore a suit and tie every day, most evenings and all Sunday (long story).
I retired 12 years ago and apart from a couple of funerals the suits** have not been out of the wardrobe.
**they must be 20+ years old but good merino wool AND.......they still fit me ^_^
Now, its joggers, T shirt and fleece.
You were a vicar then? 😊

Dave7

Legendary Member
Arch Bishop of Canterbury?
Turned that down.
Can't stand those poncy clothes.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A tale of three hats (and some spats) in 'the shop' today. The 'topper' Is from the 1920's. It's for sale in its original box along with those spats. My mutt was sporting his new hat, which as you can is a deerstalker. Then finally I decided to take a 'selfie' of the maroon 'vintage Lyle and Scott maroon cashmere, sweater/jumper/pullover I purchased for a tenner. 🧐

1641492587889.png

1641492622434.png

1641492647156.png

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A 'bargain' is only a bargain if you need, not just want it, so they say. These boots to me are a bargain even though I do not need them.:rolleyes: There isn't a mention of where they were made or who made them.🤔

1641991580027.png

https://www.shoepassion.co.uk/no-6714.html

It says delivery time 3 to 4 days, but as far as I can see all their stores are in mainland Europe. I doubt they'd get here before a fortnight, never mind 3 to 4 days!

bitsandbobs

Über Member
A 'bargain' is only a bargain if you need, not just want it, so they say. These boots to me are a bargain even though I do not need them.:rolleyes: There isn't a mention of where they were made or who made them.🤔

View attachment 626106

https://www.shoepassion.co.uk/no-6714.html

It says delivery time 3 to 4 days, but as far as I can see all their stores are in mainland Europe. I doubt they'd get here before a fortnight, never mind 3 to 4 days!

The website says they're made in Spain at their own (shoepassion) factories.

Top Bottom