The Military Vehicle Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
If you mean the cage on the turret I think that’s more for stowing ,
most UK MBT‘s had bazooka plates ,when I was in the Regt was mostly Armoured Cars and Scorpions , I missed out on the heavy armour days , pity I always fancied being a Gunner

ozboz

Guru

The Lad on the left is still my Mate, Big Den ,this was taken about 73’
i don’t remember the other Lad , but on that day we had gone to the aRiver Vaser at Hameln to try out fording the Scorpions , Den had all the Jerry cans and stores on his Stally , he took me for a ride down the River in this , it was a pretty good cabby !!

DRM

Guru
View attachment 525782

With the Military in mind , I can’t make my mind up what these RAF people are up to ,
The Okey Cokey perhaps ?

Good grief, my old ATC Squadron could drill better than that, not joking, after one remembrance day parade, the C.O was approached by a couple veterans who said that we were a credit to the uniform, and they must be very proud of us, all in in step & immaculately turned out.

It's an Abbott self propelled gun. Nice find!
Thank you.
There is a pub near here that regularly hosts military vehicle weekends. Next planned one is August bank Holiday.

classic33

Leg End Member
There used to be a Churchill on the northerly portions of Sheffield, as a memorial, because they were built nearby
Until it disappeared, leaving drag-marks on the banking
Some say, it was stolen for scrap (which would take some doing!), others that it was sold to a restorer

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/107523-churchill-tank-goes-awol-from-chapeltown/

Taken in May 2005

View attachment 525948

View attachment 525949

View attachment 525950
Used to be a WWI female tank at Ogden Reservoir. Only a single narrow road into the carpark, but it still disappeared.

There's still a Challenger II missing in Leeds, somewhere.

Top Bottom