The More Cash Than Brains Track Bike The Worx WX-R Vorteq $39,000 ? :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Anthony.R.Brown

https://www.wx-r.com

So if you are one of those riders with more Cash than Brains ? then go get yourself a Worx WX-R Vorteq for $39,000 ? :sad:
I Guarantee a good rider would go just as fast using a Steel framed track bike with good components they don't have to be the best,position is about the most important thing the rest is Marketing garbage! :sad:

classic33

Leg End Member

midlife

Guru
Doesn't the UK track bike have to be available to buy to qualify for the Olympics. About £40,000?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Oh christ he's off on one again.. yes Anthony aerodynamics of the bikes itself is completely irrelevant to the overall aerodynamics of the rider and bike combined.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I Guarantee a good rider would go just as fast using a Steel framed track bike with good components they don't have to be the best,position is about the most important thing the rest is Marketing garbage!

Well that's that decided! Still, I bet all the Olympic teams in the last 25+ years are gutted that they wasted all that time, effort and cash on R+D, testing etc. It turns out they should have just ridden a steel bike and the records would have just kept falling anyway.

OP
OP
Anthony.R.Brown

Anthony.R.Brown

Well that's that decided! Still, I bet all the Olympic teams in the last 25+ years are gutted that they wasted all that time, effort and cash on R+D, testing etc. It turns out they should have just ridden a steel bike and the records would have just kept falling anyway.

Yes! they wasted 25+ years for nothing! Eddy Merckx hour record using a Steel Track bike has stood the test of time! the main reason they go so much further is because of what I said above "Position is everything" and the Banned Tri bar position is not allowed if a person wants to try and break Eddy Merckx hour record using a Steel Track bike etc. :smile:

Top Bottom