The More Cash Than Brains Track Bike The Worx WX-R Vorteq $39,000 ? :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Completely hatstand.

Screenshot_20210805-122426_Chrome.jpg

https://www.wx-r.com

So if you are one of those riders with more Cash than Brains ? then go get yourself a Worx WX-R Vorteq for $39,000 ? :sad:
I Guarantee a good rider would go just as fast using a Steel framed track bike with good components they don't have to be the best,position is about the most important thing the rest is Marketing garbage! :sad:

View attachment 602675
You don't get it do you ?

The rules say that the bikes have to be available to buy.

WXR don't actually want any other nations to use their bikes - hence the huge cost. It's the same with all the top bikes in the Games. And if you did have the cash - I bet there's a huge lead time.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
All bikes have to be available to the public to buy. Team GB have done this with the special projects bikes for years - the bikes, however were incredibly expensive, but they are 'available' to purchase.

Our Ant doesn't like 'progress' :whistle:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I'm sure that is completely compliant and it's a timely reminder.

ETA
But fortunately I have it on good authority that it's irrelevant because it is position on the bike which matters

Last edited:
Reactions: C R
And reflectors :sad:

I think it's probably about time that we level the playing field a bit and make the bikes standard - like the Japanese keirin bikes.
There is an excellent program on the iPlayer with Hoy going back to his old Keirin school in Japan.

Top Bottom