The motor vehicle questions and answers thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
It's awful in this cold weather, what with having 2 cars designed to shrug off Scandinavian winters ;)

D

Deleted member 1258

I used to like the glow plug light, My Mk 7 Golf as you say is now all automatic

I remember the glow plug light from the small lorry, 3.5 tons, 12 foot flatbed and 6 wheels, I used to drive for the engineering company, get in switch on and by the time I was belted in the light had gone out ready to start.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I think I turned the ignition on before the glow plugs warmed up. Does that make sense? I remember my VW Golf years ago where you had to wait a few seconds before fully turning the ignition key.
??
My 18 year old Golf MkIV TDI fires as soon as I turn the key. Even when the car is frosted over.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
How do i stop spiders squatting in my door mirrors ?.... I evict them, they move right back in, and continue webbing the place up again. They also hang their little spider arses out of the wing mirror and crap down the door.

My car has several spidey residents normally. Webs everywhere. Wing mirrors are a favourite but also the rear bumper. Occasionally inside. I like them, they're cool dudes.

Top Bottom