The new Dacia Jogger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
A stretched version of the Sandero underpinnings with a new body on top. Despite butch plastic-clad looks and lots of media images picturing it in the wilderness it is only 2wd, had no additional ground clearance, and comes on regular tyres. Hhmmm.

Still, it's a 7 seater, but its an absolutely woeful Euro NCAP 2 star rating... so you can take the whole family along with you, but only if you don't care too much about their safety.

And it only comes with the 1 litre engine, which has a really narrow torque band as befits the gas flow characteristics of a tiny motor, so it is liable to feel dreadful when fully laden.

So what do you think - a budget bargain, or silly marketing attempting to gloss over penny pinching that has gone too far?

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It's aimed at the Citroen Berlingo market, of which I've got the Peugeot Tepee (Rifter) version or those that buy a Fiat Doblo. Mine hadt a massive 89hp when new, probably more like 70hp now.

I can see it selling as they've put the Berlingo and its' variants upmarket a bit, meaning starting prices are a bit silly at £22,000 upwards..

Chief Broom

Veteran
I would go for a Berlingo any day, a nearly new one will do. Various engine choices and the XL version has even more space. Chuck the seats out and you have a van :okay:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Reading around ive discovered that none if the Joggers seats fold flat - Dacia say it would make them too expensive to engineer them to do so.

I think id go for the Berlingo. Ive always liked the Blingo/Fartner formits unpretentious honesty and rampant utility, and PSA have had years to refine the concept to the level where all the basics just work...and its a 4 star Euro NCAP.

And the Blingo seats fold flat.

As Boney says, Dacia will probbaly sell loads to people who just want cheap and don't care about much else, which is fair enough. Im like that when it comes to buying smoke detectors and safety goggles.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
The Berlingo's at least £6K more expensive on a like-for-like basis though, and that's a huge amount at the bottom of the market.

NCAP isn't yet published, but the scores for Dacias are typically held back in headline terms because they don't fit the frou-frous* that other manufacturers do in order to get that 4th & 5th star, but look at the reports and you and your family are going to be safe in there because driver and passenger safety both score well.

*In the categories 'Safety Assist' and 'Vulnerable Road Users' mainly.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I’m sure it will prove popular. The target market won’t drive it like The Stig but rather older family people who are most interested in price, running cost and fuel consumption. Rather like my friends father when I was younger who put a block of wood under the accelerator. We used to think he was crazy.

Top Bottom