The new Dacia Jogger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Can you get a bike in the back on its wheels?
Hi Rusty Nails ive never tried as only recently got into biking. I would guess yes as i expect you could utilize space between seats or position the bike diagonally. In old berlingos/partners theres about 5ft between the rear door and back of seats, in the new xl version theres over 6ft and on some models the passenger seat comes out where there would be something like 8ft Citroen Berlingo XL dimensions and boot space: electric and thermal (automobiledimension.com)

Last edited:
I think it will sell to people who don't generally use more than, say, 4 seats, but who might occasionally want to carry some extra people. If they were going to carry 7 all the time, it's too low powered and they would be better off with a bigger van type vehicle.
How many bikes do you reckon it will carry?

gzoom

Über Member
The Zoe rating highlights how its not just the cars ability to protect its occupants with crush/crumple zones etc...autonomous braking, lane assist etc etc also play a central part in the rating.
Not so long ago, a car would get a 5 star rating without those safety features.
Put that same car through now and it wouldnt get a 5 star.

TBF, the Dacia may have a quite capable chassis /crumple zones etc...but without those safety features, the safety rating plummets. That doesnt neccessarily make it dangerous...you'd have to compare it with cars made before the introduction of those features to get a real idea.

Have you guys actually watched and seen the NCAP crash test for these 0-1 star cars?

These cars offer frankly ridiculous poor passenger/driver protection in the actual crash tests, its not just the lack of active safety aids.

There is zero excuse for designing/building a car in this day and age with such poor structural crash protection, the reality is when you are driving around with your family in one of these cars everyone else is driving around in something much much safer. Unless people here are seriously suggesting they don't care about the safety of their family, you have to be mad to buy one of these things over a 5 star car like the Fiesta.

I was on my way to nursery when a suicidal Seat driver decided give way signs didn't apply to him, he hit my car exactly on the rear passenger door where my daughter sits. His car was a clear write off, but on the face of it the passenger side of my car survived amazingly well, so much so even the complex rear doors still worked. The energy of the crash was all transferred to the subframe of the car, which meant the car ended up been written off - chassis was cracked, but the passenger cabin was pretty much pristine.

You guys can carry one pretending 0-1 star NCAP crash tested cars are 'safe' but I wouldn't carry my family around in anything but the safest car I can afford. There are simply too much idiots on the roads.

35229572236_5de3cbbe56_c_d.jpg

35269663945_2b4ce60a65_c_d.jpg

35139782931_09a38b736f_c_d.jpg

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
You guys can carry one pretending 0-1 star NCAP crash tested cars are 'safe' but I wouldn't carry my family around in anything but the safest car I can afford.

Only sensible to get the safest car you can.

But you need to understand many of us on here started driving when safety belts were an option, windscreens were toughened, tyres were dodgy cross plies (or even dodgier remoulds), and brakes were shite.

Air bags, crumple zones, and safety cells did not even exist in the language let alone in the metal.

Which doesn't give us older drivers a cavalier attitude to safety, quite the reverse, you had to look after yourself because the ruddy car wouldn't do it for you.

But inevitably some of us look a little askance at the likes of NCAP and the modern motorist's near obsession with how safe the car is, rather than concentrating on how safe he is.

tyred

Legendary Member
As the user of a car designed in the 1980s I don't even give it a moment's thought to be honest.

I spend more hours on the road sitting on top of a fundamentally unstable collection of steel pipes brazed together which gives me zero crash protection than I do driving.

Road safety will never really improve until people slow down, pay attention and take responsibility for their driving rather than depend on their car to keep them safe.

gbb

Legendary Member
The Zoe rating highlights how its not just the cars ability to protect its occupants with crush/crumple zones etc...autonomous braking, lane assist etc etc also play a central part in the rating.
Not so long ago, a car would get a 5 star rating without those safety features.
Put that same car through now and it wouldnt get a 5 star.

TBF, the Dacia may have a quite capable chassis /crumple zones etc...but without those safety features, the safety rating plummets. That doesnt neccessarily make it dangerous...you'd have to compare it with cars made before the introduction of those features to get a real idea.
Have you guys actually watched and seen the NCAP crash test for these 0-1 star cars?

You guys can carry one pretending 0-1 star NCAP crash tested cars are 'safe' but I wouldn't carry my family around in anything but the safest car I can afford. There are simply too much idiots on the roads.
As you took the time to quote my post but apparently misquote me, perhaps the word...'may' have a quite capable chassis/crumple zones etc'....the deliberate use of 'may' infers to me quite obviously that equally it may not. Im not particually Interested if it does or doesn't, my post simply highlighted the fact that crumple zones are only one part of a wider equation.

I'm not (and I suspect most other contributors) are not pretending anything ? Its a compromise, everything is...a Tesla that probably cost 4x what the Seat does, I'd hope it did come out a damn sight better than the Seat
People have choices to make, sometimes hard ones. Personally I agree with some of your sentiments I wouldnt buy one anymore than the choice not to buy a Rover 200 I think it was, several reports of people getting killed in them In relatively minor crashes
:okay:

Top Bottom