The new Dacia Jogger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
TBH, the NCAP stuff doesn't stop me buying cars - I ride a bloody bike that has a minus 100 NCAP rating !

The NCAP could also be like why folk drive like tools - i.e. yummy mummies needing the biggest panzer for the school run, where a little Yaris 5 door would be more than sufficient.

SIL and sister are prime examples. Kiddy came along, SIL now takes the big Kuga, and not the Fiesta. Sister changed for a 4x4 from a Focus (and want's a bigger one next time). We managed perfectly fine with a 5 door Yaris with 2 kids, and my 'big' car was mainly used for long commutes by me in it

Going back years, there was a theory that compulsory seat belts made drivers less responsible because they felt invincible.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Going back years, there was a theory that compulsory seat belts made drivers less responsible because they felt invincible.

It's just like 'helmet' debate as well.

At least the Dacia is safer than cars 10 years ago.

gbb

Legendary Member
The Zoe rating highlights how its not just the cars ability to protect its occupants with crush/crumple zones etc...autonomous braking, lane assist etc etc also play a central part in the rating.
Not so long ago, a car would get a 5 star rating without those safety features.
Put that same car through now and it wouldnt get a 5 star.

TBF, the Dacia may have a quite capable chassis /crumple zones etc...but without those safety features, the safety rating plummets. That doesnt neccessarily make it dangerous...you'd have to compare it with cars made before the introduction of those features to get a real idea.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
The Zoe rating highlights how its not just the cars ability to protect its occupants with crush/crumple zones etc...autonomous braking, lane assist etc etc also play a central part in the rating.
Not so long ago, a car would get a 5 star rating without those safety features.
Put that same car through now and it wouldnt get a 5 star.

TBF, the Dacia may have a quite capable chassis /crumple zones etc...but without those safety features, the safety rating plummets. That doesnt neccessarily make it dangerous...you'd have to compare it with cars made before the introduction of those features to get a real idea.
This.
The Secretary General of Euro NCAP (yep, that's a thing!) criticised the new Dacia Deathtrap* model because it uses only a radar-based autonomous braking system, and does not have an additional camera-based system, for example.

*I invented the new name - catchy, I thought 😊
(It was actually the new model Sandero he said it about)

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
The old Renault Zoe never scored 5 stars despite all the kit, the earlier version of the current model did and the current one has dropped so radically ecause Renfault have removed some of the standard fit airbags . Thats really nice of them.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/renault-zoe-given-zero-stars-euro-ncap-safety-tests

People tell us SUVs are pedesteian killers, but the current XC90 outscores the Corsa and Fiesta, and scores getting on for double that of the Zoe for the vulnerable road user rating - as is often the case the reality doesn't match the hysteria.

The Zoe is a woeful design, hideously outdated and even Dacia must be concerned that the Zoe was the only candidate upin which they could base their own battery car.

Last edited:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Currently have one of the older version Peugeot 5008s, 7 seater. Bought because of need to accommodate a wheelchair without folding the chair's back, and there are very, very few cars that will allow that. The new Dacia definitely looks like a contender for a replacement when the time comes. The Berlingo and other clones by Peugeot and Vauxhall are the other front runners, but I wish they would stop trying to make them trendy by adding various bits of plastic to the bodywork, and the new Berlingos appear to have dispensed with the spare wheel as standard. I won't be getting another 5008 as the SUV/bonnet styling is not for me, and was accompanied by a huge hike in price. Distinct lack of MPV vehicles available now.

Dolorous Edd

Ergo, the Tullock Spike as the ultimate road safety device:

tullock01 (1).jpg

Top Bottom