The New Sinclair C5....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
The C5 wasn't ahead of it's time. Sinclair (rather arrogantly in my view) never bothered to research what was then occuring in the bicycle/human power world before designing his monstrous sh!tter.

Ah - but he does have the highest IQ in Britain: http://www.docsford.com/document/140365 :rolleyes:

Last year some of the Fridays were joined on tour for a day by three of these. People admired them, and I might be sticking my neck out a bit here, but on the segregated cyclepaths I found them a bit of a pain to ride with in a group. Fast, a bit inflexible about positioning, and rather nerve-wracking to be around I thought.
View attachment 337856

They're fun-looking and fast on flat/downhill but I'd not want to be in a group with one.

A pity you didn't read on a little further down the thread... :rolleyes:

Pity you are making another erroneous assumption?

You are talking about your conjectural and fantasy possible version, I was referring to fact

The present form is illegal and requires the registration and insurance of a motor vehicle

Last edited:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Some serious problems with them, including

Where do you park them at your home to charge them and or where do you park them at your destination ( and or charge them)
There are charge points dotted around for electric cars so i would assume they would make the connection points the same as those .

screenman

Legendary Member
Like a recumbent you mean? From my car I can see the white lines on the road and the edge of the kerb quite clearly, I doubt if anyone would miss a C5 or it's modern counterpart.

An old friend of mine now passed on was riding his trike and was hit from behind on a straight Lincolnshire road.

screenman

Legendary Member
That doesn't invalidate @Pale Rider's point. All it demonstrates was that there was yet another driver on the road not looking where they were going...

...and what you were riding or driving would make no difference.

He said he doubted anyone would miss it, I was merely commenting that it was possible.

[QUOTE 4684226, member: 45"]Pity that, in thinking that you're cleverest again, you've forgotten that most of us are aware of the link between the 15mph (25kmph) limit and the registration and insurance requirements.[/QUOTE]

Weird....... to say the least
If you really object that strongly to the post pointing out why User was wrong..... Flag to the moderators

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Unless it's got air-conditioning, it's going to get mighty hot under that plastic dome on sunny days.

And at £3k, it's difficult to see it being anything other than a curiosity.
For someone who commutes ten miles each way every day a three grand one off price is nothing compared to the running cost on a car if you were to assume even a modest five year life on the electric trike. And a bicycle is not a viable alternative for a considerable number of people, even down to the fact that many do not like cycling at all.

Top Bottom